Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1993, 1989 and 1987 MR2
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Hello,

I just purchased this 2020 Sport with the 2" Mopar/Fox lift a few weeks ago and noticed this. The previous owner must have had or installed this in addition to the lift.

So I need a new/replacement FOX Steering Stabilizer. I'm completely new to trucks and know that if I don't replace this ASAP I'll start to see uneven tire wear and eventually drivability issues.

Jeep Gladiator Fox Steering Stabilizer Leak Fox_Steering_Stabilizer

Thanks!
Sponsored

mert34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Should still be fine to drive until you replace it, takes like 5 min to replace when you get a new one in.

not sure without seeing the whole stabilizer what one you have but most likely its this part number 77072360AB if its the jeep mopar fox one

OP
OP
tksmr2

tksmr2

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Should still be fine to drive until you replace it, takes like 5 min to replace when you get a new one in.

not sure without seeing the whole stabilizer what one you have but most likely its this part number 77072360AB if its the jeep mopar fox one
Thank you!! That helps a ton! Just didn't want to be traveling with a child in the back and have any death wobble, etc that I haven't' experience yet with it. I can replace it no problem.

OP
OP
tksmr2

tksmr2

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Here is a better pic. But it's all I have until I get a chance later to take another pic.

Jeep Gladiator Fox Steering Stabilizer Leak Fox_Steering_Stabilizer_2

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Since it's a 2020 take a look at the steering gearbox and see if it's aluminum or steel.
You can use a magnet or the steel ones will be painted black.
There was a service bulletin that provided a free upgrade to steel.

Since it's lifted you may also want to have the alignment checked.
The Mopar lift should have included longer control arms to correct the caster angle.

Sponsored

mert34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
There are cheaper ones out there to replace it with if you go that route. the mopar one would say jeep on the left side if it was. the regular fox one without the jeep logo i think is cheaper. someone will chime in i imagine about it.

OP
OP
tksmr2

tksmr2

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Analyst
There are cheaper ones out there to replace it with if you go that route. the mopar one would say jeep on the left side if it was. the regular fox one without the jeep logo i think is cheaper. someone will chime in i imagine about it.
I'm not really one to do the cheaper option on any parts. But the previous owner did choose some cheaper options amongst some good stuff too. I'll take a look to see which one I have as I can't quite tell from the most recent pic I posted in this thread. Thank you!

OP
OP
tksmr2

tksmr2

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Since it's a 2020 take a look at the steering gearbox and see if it's aluminum or steel.
You can use a magnet or the steel ones will be painted black.
There was a service bulletin that provided a free upgrade to steel.

Since it's lifted you may also want to have the alignment checked.
The Mopar lift should have included longer control arms to correct the caster angle.
Okay. Awesome. thanks for the info. I'll take a look at the steering box. I believe everything is installed regarding the lift and it rides really good/... I mean I don't sense any issues alignment wise but at the same time I don't want to burn through $tires especially 35's.
Sponsored