Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
Solution: Bestop, Sunrider Twill.

I found one local to me waiting for my factory order came in. New open box, save $150.00. Freedom panels came off at the dealer when we picked it up, Sunrider went on when we got home. The panels will never go back on till we sell it. Why Jeep does not offer this as an option . . .
Sponsored

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
I just got my window sticker. There was a $120 credit listed with Freedom Panel Storage Bag Delete. I'm sure this is just a supply issue and it will get straightened out.

OP
OP

Jon smith

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler jl unlimited
Occupation
Printer
Jeep Gladiator Freedom panel bag delete Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 11.35.41 AM

It seems to be the soft top name in various sources.

BilletRUBI

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I ordered mine from Gupton and the Freedom Panel Bag Delete showed up on the window sticker. After seeing some of the posts here, it seems that the delete shows up when the diesel engine option is selected.

Sponsored

Shoebox

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Solution: Bestop, Sunrider Twill.

I found one local to me waiting for my factory order came in. New open box, save $150.00. Freedom panels came off at the dealer when we picked it up, Sunrider went on when we got home. The panels will never go back on till we sell it. Why Jeep does not offer this as an option . . .
I did the same, but the storage bag is the best place for those panels in the meantime.

Shoebox

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Yeah I don't understand. My dealer refuses to give us a bag, or any reason for the delete. I know its only $89, but we paid for it in our build, what gives?
Your sticker says it was deleted, and there should be a corresponding dollar amount subtraction next to it.

I had the same issue. Ordered Rubicon diesel, freedom panel bag was deleted when I didn't ask for it to be. When I was in purchasing the warranty a few days after, I asked about it. They didn't know why, but gave me one they had laying around for some reason.

Definitely ask the dealer if they have any laying around.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I ordered mine from Gupton and the Freedom Panel Bag Delete showed up on the window sticker. After seeing some of the posts here, it seems that the delete shows up when the diesel engine option is selected.
Interesting. I ordered the diesel and got the three piece hard top and it came with the bag.

BilletRUBI

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Interesting. I ordered the diesel and got the three piece hard top and it came with the bag.
Maybe it shows up when a certain combination of options is selected. Or maybe they fixed it…. Who knows?

OP
OP

Jon smith

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler jl unlimited
Occupation
Printer
Your sticker says it was deleted, and there should be a corresponding dollar amount subtraction next to it.

I had the same issue. Ordered Rubicon diesel, freedom panel bag was deleted when I didn't ask for it to be. When I was in purchasing the warranty a few days after, I asked about it. They didn't know why, but gave me one they had laying around for some reason.

Definitely ask the dealer if they have any laying around.
My dealer flat refuses to do anything about it. Pushed me to jeep customer care and they say the dealership chose the option so its their problem. It fairly obvious at this point they didn't choose to delete this item. I just cant wrap my head around how bad the customer service is with Jeep, my wrangler had some brake issue, they replace a wire from the back of the car to the front, took the inner fender clips off and replaced (with used clips) only 5 of the 10+ that were required, needless to say the plastic fender thing started flapping against the wheel at highway speeds.
I went back to the dealer and they (manager) said I have to pay for new clips and labour, as I must have done this myself. The car only ever went to jeep, to avoid this issue, no upgrades nothing.

Its insane, you buy a $80,000.00 vehicle and get treated like you bought a plastic protractor from Walmart, and you're returning it because its plastic.

Bought a Porsche a few years back, geez, what a difference, got a signed letter from the head of Porsche for that country, framed, with a set of engraved glasses, a thank you letter from Porsche Germany, a box of wine every year for my birthday, a subscription to Christophorus magazine, and..... wait for it, a loaner car when I service, and sales people that were genuinely helpful and wanted to see you happy with their product. It was a used Porsche at only 2/3rds the value of the jeep.

Anyway, I love my gladiator, just disappointed and dont ever want to take it to get serviced, too scared they will mess it up.

Rant over.
Sponsored