Front end bounce and wonder

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Yep… take it in and do that infront of the service guy… if they say that it’s normal say cool and walk straight to another wrangler/gladiator on the lot and do the same thing infront of them.
@ScottMc68……this is fantastic advice.

You should get used to all the morons that lay everything off to “it’s a Jeep thing” or “it’s a solid front axle thing”….those are complete, utter bullshit, ignorant cop-outs. There are plenty of Jeeps out there that have solid, functional suspensions and non-wandering steering.

Just keep in mind that you may be working with a shitbox dealership…so you best beware. You can always go to another one if you want…your choice of service provider never has to be the same joint you bought it from.
Sponsored

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician
Mine did the same thing since day one and I have none of those issues.

OP
OP
ScottMc68

ScottMc68

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Medical Sales
@ScottMc68……this is fantastic advice.

You should get used to all the morons that lay everything off to “it’s a Jeep thing” or “it’s a solid front axle thing”….those are complete, utter bullshit, ignorant cop-outs. There are plenty of Jeeps out there that have solid, functional suspensions and non-wandering steering.

Just keep in mind that you may be working with a shitbox dealership…so you best beware. You can always go to another one if you want…your choice of service provider never has to be the same joint you bought it from.
That is exactly what I did. I sent the clip to the owner of the dealer I bought it at. First go around they said there was no issue. I give them they had Covid shortage, whatever. He responded right away and got me in in a day so I’m all for giving them the chance to work on it and hopefully it rides like it did when I got it. I actually loved the ride for the first 2k miles and then the whole thing went haywire. I’ve chased tires ideas and a few other things and no fix. Place I got the wheels and tires do service as well and the one mechanic, who has a Jeep, found that issue.
Dealer says it’s not right and they will replace it and check everything else out so I can’t ask for more at this point so I will see how it is when they are done with it.
Thanks for the reply and info.., much appreciated

Wet Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I would also insist that they put a torque wrench on every single bolt that's suspension or steering related. I did this myself and found a lot of it loose, especially my ball joints and steering gearbox bolts.
Sponsored