Sponsored

Front Spring Upgrade to Accommodate a 392 Swap

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
(Apologies if this has been covered, I'll gladly take a link to the threads that discuss this that I missed)

Hey Gang,

I am interested in a 392 swapped in to my JT Overland. Since the Overland has arguably the softest springs in the game, and Northridge recommends spacers for the extra weight anyway, I'd like to round up some recommendations for suspension upgrades to specifically accommodate the added weight of the V8.

What I'm looking for:
  • Slight lift from stock 1" to 2.5".
  • Full front and rear spring, geometry (control arms and steering), and shock upgrade kit.
  • Accommodates the new engine weight without to much or any rake.
If anyone with a 392 could talk about or post pics of their side profiles with the suspension kit on your rig, that would be super helpful.

I imagine the vast array of lift kits might work, but I wanted to ask if there is a kit that might work best for this application, or if its even worth worrying about the added weight up front.

Thanks all,
Sponsored

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
The AMW kits we install comes with spacers for the extra weight.

We recommend a quality aftermarket suspension because everything we do to and with our Jeeps is going to take it outside of what the OE suspension was designed for.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Use the diesel mopar lift. It’s rated fir the extra weight and will give you 2” of lift.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
How does a spacer help with added weight? The spring still has the same rating, no?
You are correct, it doesn't add spring rate, only height to make up for what is lost.
Sponsored