Sponsored

Fuel Prices Increase = Tire Size Decrease?

• Thread starter Deleted member 24880
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
Status
Not open for further replies.

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Tbh I WFH. If it hits $7 a gallon I’ll be riding my electric skateboard everywhere. 25 MPH 30 miles range. I can pretty much get around town at the same speed. It runs on the same smiles per gallon as my jeep

Dargo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
We just cut back on other items, eating out, etc. and just keep Jeeping. Also, think about all those turbos out there that recommend premium gas for max performance. Such as Ford, for towing purposes. We may not have the best torque, but I like putting regular in for all type of driving. Premium here runs 80 cents more per gal. We only have 33’s on our Gladiator.

Dargo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Also, there should be no shortage of gas, because the cost has to be higher to profit from fracking drilling. So hopefully we can create a glut of oil again and lower prices will follow.

Sponsored

ezekio3160

First Name
Ezekiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Ever stop and think that the high gas prices are meant to get people to buy
EV's instead of ICE's. This is this administration's goal is.
I think it’s what interest groups and investors in the EV market want $$$ to be made in a new market.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase

Bocephus!

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Weld Engineer
My diesel gets great mileage even on 37’s. I still have the stockers but I don’t think it’s worth it to swap.
You have 37 on stock rims? I also have the diesel rubi. I'm looking at 35s or 37s . What else did you upgrade?

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
All we've done as a nation is hurt us the people,

energy dependent again, stopped all ways of being independent, selling oil from our country and buying OPEC,

there's all kinds of other things but, its beating the horse, and he's dead and now made of rubber!
We’ll always be “dependent” on foreign oil. Saudi and Canadian oil to be specific. It’s kinda just how it works. After all, that’s what the Keystone XL pipeline was for…Canadian crude flowing through the U.S.

The Saudis contract out oilfield service companies like Schlumberger, Halliburton, Baker Hughes, Weatherford, etc to do the actual WORK in oil and gas exploration. This includes drilling services, wireline operations, fracking, completions, production, etc. There’s billions of dollars tied up between these US service companies and Saudi owned exploration companies.

So what I’m saying is that the U.S. can be energy dependent at any point. The oil reserves are there but how much are they willing to flood the market with West Texas Permian crude before they upset our Saudi friends? I don’t know and I think it’s a complicated game. I am sure that our government is controlled by what these billion dollar pact oil companies demand however. And that’s the issue.

No it’s supply and demand. This administration cut off the keystone pipeline so….higher gas prices if less supply.
And no, the KXL pipeline is not what brought prices up. That was a supply issue, mainly from the US side of production. When COVID lockdowns began, demand dropped tremendously. This brought oil prices down and forced US drilling and production to slow. So with the markets somewhat flooded with supply at that time, Saudi-led OPEC produced EVEN MORE to purposely drive the price of oil down to negative prices. Lowest since the 80s I believe. This is not persuasive for US drillers (or anyone really). No drilling = no exploration = very limited future production.

That limited production mentioned above from the strangle hold OPEC put us in is what we’re experiencing now (+ the effects of the events in Ukraine). Biden isn’t as important as ya might think.

Source: None specifically. Be diligent in your own homework. My comments above are based on hundreds and maybe thousands of articles, charts, and papers that I’ve read regarding the subject. I also work in oil and gas now and have worked for one of the oldest oilfield service companies in Texas. I’m still not an expert so research it! It’s exciting to read about, trust me. Use the EIA’s charts on their website to track supply, demand, and prices. It’s a great tool to track energy resources.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.