Sponsored

Full belly aluminum skid plate comparison

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
i am looking at ordering a complete set late spring. do you think the revisions will be complete and able to be purchased say in May? This would be for the 3.6l.
Yes, We just did the test fitting last week I was very impressed by the much improved amount to clearance around the crossover pipe the Access door for the oil drain plug was pretty snazzy as well Soon as I am allowed to leak images I will post them . As far as time line the changes should be ready for production for the next batch to be completed I want to say they will start shipping in March .
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT diesel rubi
Occupation
Human trafficking
Next venture skids installed.

Overall I’m impressed. I only had to do some minor trimming on the tank skid to get everything to line up perfectly. The fit and finish is top notch.

Weed eater string worked great for feeding ratchet straps underneath the tank to hold it up during installation. Also heating up the factory bolts to loosen up the loctite made a world of difference getting some of the stock hardware off.

I can’t wait to get out and inevitability put them to use.

Jeep Gladiator Full belly aluminum skid plate comparison 66C3F4BC-3B94-419C-9BCD-A03978543405
Jeep Gladiator Full belly aluminum skid plate comparison 98C60C10-66B8-4E10-A956-96DC9AF864A7
Jeep Gladiator Full belly aluminum skid plate comparison D3AB9317-3266-476F-9F0E-85D7D02927A8

Jeep Gladiator Full belly aluminum skid plate comparison 145BA6F7-9D10-40A4-8E5A-50EAC5D3E860

Jeep Gladiator Full belly aluminum skid plate comparison A90C4F33-478A-47DA-8527-B0A2F2493BFE

Last edited:

gt3mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Yes, We just did the test fitting last week I was very impressed by the much improved amount to clearance around the crossover pipe the Access door for the oil drain plug was pretty snazzy as well Soon as I am allowed to leak images I will post them . As far as time line the changes should be ready for production for the next batch to be completed I want to say they will start shipping in March .
Any update on this @Artec ?

Last edited:

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I don't know how these frame mounted skid pans would work with my frame mounted White Knuckle sliders?

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
The new belly pans are in production and should start shipping out soon as brackets come back from zinc plating We did have one on display at Salt Lake offroad expo last weekend Here's a pic of the oil skid off the display . When it was test fit on our JT I was able to fit my hand all the way around the crossover pipe.

Jeep Gladiator Full belly aluminum skid plate comparison 20230227_114353

Jeep Gladiator Full belly aluminum skid plate comparison 20230227_114408

Sponsored

gt3mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
The new belly pans are in production and should start shipping out soon as brackets come back from zinc plating We did have one on display at Salt Lake offroad expo last weekend Here's a pic of the oil skid off the display . When it was test fit on our JT I was able to fit my hand all the way around the crossover pipe.

That's great! I beat the heck out of my crossover pipe, and it still buzzes when it's really cold out. I'll be placing one of the first orders for this. Will it require replacing the front brackets too @Artec ?

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
That's great! I beat the heck out of my crossover pipe, and it still buzzes when it's really cold out. I'll be placing one of the first orders for this. Will it require replacing the front brackets too @Artec ?
no the existing brackets you have will be the same

Griff21

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR LE, 1978 CJ5, 2020 JLU Rubicon
I just installed Artec Skids, is that the buzzing noise that sounds like somethings vibrating?? I've been waiting for the rain to subside to check what it is.

gt3mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I just installed Artec Skids, is that the buzzing noise that sounds like somethings vibrating?? I've been waiting for the rain to subside to check what it is.
It's very possible. See how close the crossover pipe is to the skid. If it's touching or very close to touching, that could be what you're hearing.

Sponsored

Griff21

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR LE, 1978 CJ5, 2020 JLU Rubicon
It's very possible. See how close the crossover pipe is to the skid. If it's touching or very close to touching, that could be what you're hearing.
Thanks, I will check it out.

Mbryson

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Rubicon diesel
Occupation
IT Manager

I looked at the Artec skid for quite a while in Artec's booth at the recent Salt Lake City Off Road Expo. I REALLY like it. It'll be on my 3.0L JT once I finish paying off the airlines for some trips this year. Bonus points that they are literally just down the street from me

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Sorry for the necro, but some information to add here:

I installed the Next Venture aluminum skids with UHMW, and weighed everything coming off and going on. Grand total was +48 lbs vs stock Rubicon skids. If the +20 in the OP is accurate, that means the UHMW and all the hardware to secure it comes to +28 lbs. Hope someone finds that helpful in the future

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
What's the part # for the Quadratec full belly skid? I'm trying to do my own comparison but it seems like since this thread started, all I can find from them is separate components.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
For my money Quadratec, been sitting in my cart for nearly a year. Half the time they were on backorder.
Sponsored