Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Today I installed Quadratec's powder coated aluminum engine/transmission skid plate. It is an extremely well engineered skid plate that's easy to install and uses existing attachment points (see images). Included hardware is high quality. On Quadratec's web site they state in response to a query about using the OEM transfer case plate: "that [you] may notice a little less ground clearance, and engineers have designed it to be used without." This is not completely true. While it is true that you have to install the OEM plate over the Quadratec's plate, their plate is just 1/4" thick (see image). You do have to trim one of the OEM brackets, but that's all. Their transfer case skid plate costs $300.
Jeep Gladiator Quadratec aluminum engine bay skid plate installed Quadratec skidplaterear
Jeep Gladiator Quadratec aluminum engine bay skid plate installed Quadratec skidplatefront

This is an excellent skid plate to protect the crankcase and transmission (MT or AT). It, however, won't fit diesels according to their website.
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Wait wait I'm baffled! You actually received something from them?
Shipping-wise, they've been good to me. They haven't messed up any of my orders. It helps that they're in my state, though. On the customer service side, they've been pretty non responsive. But I'll keep ordering for now, as long as I have buyer protection haha.

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
This is an excellent skid plate to protect the crankcase and transmission (MT or AT).
And the exhaust crossover. This particular plate has that improved cross member as well. The only problem I have with it is that you then lose the exhaust loop skid plate, but the new cross beam may help shield the loop some.

OP
OP
Geoarch

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Sponsored

OP
OP
Geoarch

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
And the exhaust crossover. This particular plate has that improved cross member as well. The only problem I have with it is that you then lose the exhaust loop skid plate, but the new cross beam may help shield the loop some.
It covers the crossover if I understand what you’re saying and I kept the transfer case plate.

Someone else on here installed the entire modular system and didn’t keep the OEM trans case plate.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Wait wait I'm baffled! You actually received something from them?
Same as OP, I ordered the engine and trans skid from them. Haven't put them on yet. But they arrived in about a week after purchase. But I think I ordered right as they got some fresh parts in stock. I've always had great response and service from them.

RussellJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (mod’ed)
Ordered Quadratec’s aluminum engine bay, transfer and fuel tank skids. Installed all but the fuel tank skid (more on that in a second). The install was easy and pretty quick. I took a trip with the kids to AOAA last weekend and beat up on them a bit; they handled it well.

As to the fuel tank skid, … and I clearly screwed this up, I ordered the wrong one and was shipped the skid for the Wrangler. It doesn’t fit the Gladiator. I’m now past the return deadline (delayed install because of work and other reasons), and return shipping is more than I am willing to pay for an exchange. I’m also not able to take a day off work to drive it up for an in-person exchange. Now I need to offload it … if anyone‘s interested (Central MD/HOCO). Opened, never used.

Last edited:

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
Ordered Quadratec’s aluminum engine bay, transfer and fuel tank skids. Installed all but the fuel tank skid (more on that in a second). The install was easy and pretty quick. I took a trip with the kids to AOAA last weekend and beat up on them a bit; they handled it well.

As to the fuel tank skid, … and I clearly screwed this up, I ordered the wrong one and was shipped the skiD for the Wrangler. It doesn’t fit the Gladiator. I’m now past the return deadline (delayed install because of work and other reasons), and return shipping is more than I am willing to pay for an exchange. I’m also not able to take a day off work to drive it up for an in-person exchange. Now I need to offload it … if anyone‘s interested (Central MD/HOCO). Opened, never used.
Maybe post on wrangler jl forum

Sponsored

MrClortho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
I also installed the same skid last week and am happy with the fitment and quality. I got it in less than a week. I had the same basic skid on my JKU and it worked quite well.

Last weekend, I also installed the Quadratech steel/aluminum sliders and they went on easily as well. They seem to be pretty stout and half the price of many others out there, however, they do not bolt into the frame like I would have expected and wanted like the ACE ones on my JKU.

KQL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for gladiator
I just installed my engine skid. Received wrong pitch M12 bolts, so had to track down the correct M12x1.5 40mm. NAPA had them, no luck at oreilly or Ace hardware.

I’m kinda bummed at the ground clearance cost of this skid. I have manual transmission, so didn’t have the stock brace that automatics come with (was the reason I went with QT as theirs is compatible with a manual). Looks like I lost 2 inches of clearance in the middle. Everything above the skid has plenty of room, seems like they could have tucked it up a bit more without hitting anything. Just FYI for others looking at this system.

OP
OP
Geoarch

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I just installed my engine skid. Received wrong pitch M12 bolts, so had to track down the correct M12x1.5 40mm. NAPA had them, no luck at oreilly or Ace hardware.

I’m kinda bummed at the ground clearance cost of this skid. I have manual transmission, so didn’t have the stock brace that automatics come with (was the reason I went with QT as theirs is compatible with a manual). Looks like I lost 2 inches of clearance in the middle. Everything above the skid has plenty of room, seems like they could have tucked it up a bit more without hitting anything. Just FYI for others looking at this system.
I agree completely. It will mainly be felt in breakover angle. We'll see. I have some 3-4' steps and waterfalls about 1/2 hour away I'll take my JTR to and see. I run that trail to test out new mods periodically and know it by heart, so it would be a good test. More on that when I finally get out there. Having said that, I do feel more comfortable that the oil pan and trans are safer now. I re-mounted the transfer case OEM pan. We'll see over time if the couple inches is a hindrance.

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
It has to go that low in order to clear the low-hanging exhaust crossover pipe. Which, with the manual transmission at least, could have been at least an inch higher.

OP
OP
Geoarch

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It has to go that low in order to clear the low-hanging exhaust crossover pipe. Which, with the manual transmission at least, could have been at least an inch higher.
I think that's an adequate compromise to protect that part of the exhaust system.
Sponsored