WilliamD

WilliamD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Student
I tried fitting it and it did not work. Not set up correctly. @Hauk pretty sure I will have to drill holes and even then I’m not sure it will work. They have never responded to any of my emails or calls.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WilliamD

WilliamD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Student
It may or may not be good quality. 😁

IMG_20220523_091452.jpg

Kenny and his team make great armor, a little pricey, but solid and quality. Riding in this customer build through every trail in Moab sold me on the JL/JT platform after hating my JK.
If you have any advice for me, it would be appreciated

OP
OP
WilliamD

WilliamD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Student
Update: apparently Hauk is out of business

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Probably out of luck, either try and get ot to fit or throw it up for sale in markplace section. Perhaps message Articelfe, and see if he can talk you through it if you are doing something wrong. Look sto be a well made skid, shame to not use it......Jack

Last edited:

Arcticelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, '13 Tacoma
I tried fitting it and it did not work. Not set up correctly. @Hauk pretty sure I will have to drill holes and even then I’m not sure it will work. They have never responded to any of my emails or calls.
Install was a little weird, but I got mine in okay.

Where did you run into trouble?

Sponsored

OP
OP
WilliamD

WilliamD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Student
Install was a little weird, but I got mine in okay.

Where did you run into trouble?
Jeep Gladiator Hauk Engine Skid Plate? 3AE06865-93BD-4447-9A49-FA22C881BF56

Attaching it to the crossmember piece they gave me. The bolt holes on the skid don’t match to the bracket. The holes don’t line up. We tried to put it on every way we could think of. Here we are just seeing if it fits before tightening it down at the engine. I know the skid is supposed to lay on top of that bracket but it still doesn’t line up anywhere near close.

The “fins” that attach to the motor mount bolts were also touching the transmission cooler lines which was a big red flag for me.

OP
OP
WilliamD

WilliamD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Student
Jeep Gladiator Hauk Engine Skid Plate? 27BA5374-75A7-4044-AC3F-6D1FD21A13B8
Jeep Gladiator Hauk Engine Skid Plate? AE9380C8-BC97-43BD-8579-700A822914F8

I could be doing this all wrong, but I wouldn’t know because it’s not very straightforward 😂. Did lots of trial and error and just couldn’t figure anything out.

Arcticelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, '13 Tacoma
Jeep Gladiator Hauk Engine Skid Plate? AE9380C8-BC97-43BD-8579-700A822914F8

Attaching it to the crossmember piece they gave me. The bolt holes on the skid don’t match to the bracket. The holes don’t line up. We tried to put it on every way we could think of. Here we are just seeing if it fits before tightening it down at the engine. I know the skid is supposed to lay on top of that bracket but it still doesn’t line up anywhere near close.

The “fins” that attach to the motor mount bolts were also touching the transmission cooler lines which was a big red flag for me.
So the bracket/adapter plate is backwards in this picture. There are recesses in the adapter that will hide the bolts connecting it to the crossmember, then the bolts connecting it to the skid are exposed.

There also should have been a bunch of rounded head hex bolts in the hardware kit, you'll use them here.

I'll upload a picture of mine to another post in a moment.