Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Occupation
Pizza delivery
Editing as I go, adding photos:

Documenting our build, more of a discovery process as I’ve come across parts, figure out what I like and what will work for our application. Mostly a trail/camping/overlanding rig, not so much crawler. Main goal is to hit the trails in CO and have fun camping with family and friends.

2021 started off life as a base model sport (manual windows/locks) with max tow + 8speed.
Jeep Gladiator FunkForm’s build stock

Before I even signed the paperwork I picked up a rubicon take off suspension with 2” leveling kit for $200, couldnt pass it up. Added extended quick disconnects, AEV caster brackets, and 3/4” rear spacer. Happy with stance and ride quality on 37’s and factory wheels.

Jeep Gladiator FunkForm’s build 37's

Cruising FB market place I found a set of almost new 40” toyos and black rhino wheels, put those on and quickly ordered the entire steer smarts front end (sector brace, griffin drag link, pro tie rod, and stabilizer) as well as a taser for tire calibration and future mods.

Jeep Gladiator FunkForm’s build tires

And a little kissy face for the forum while rebuilding the front end.
Jeep Gladiator FunkForm’s build workin

Went with Motobilt's front inner fenders, very happy with the look and quality. Not sure what I'm doing for the rear inner fender yet.

Wrapping up the front end tomorrow night and will follow up with those photos.

Working on custom fenders, moved blinkers and running lights to 3/4" shaded LED's on the bumper to stay street legal, they look like parking sensors. I'll follow up with night time photos of that.

Jeep Gladiator FunkForm’s build Gladiator

Jeep Gladiator FunkForm’s build g2

Pending items:
1. 5.13 gears + lockers
2. Saving for hydro steer (seems to handle fine without it but I know the life expectancy on that steering gear box without it)
3. Amerihood functional ram air hood and heat extractors
4. Building bed rack with spare mount using factory hanger
5. Winch (not 5th on the list)
6. 3.5" coils and shocks (still evaluating options)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be ollowing your thread. I started out with the same (base sport w/max tow). Love my crank windows.

OP
OP
Pow_wagon

Pow_wagon

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Occupation
Pizza delivery
I'll be ollowing your thread. I started out with the same (base sport w/max tow). Love my crank windows.
One less thing to break. Although coming from my Laramie Power Wagon there are some creature comforts I do miss.

OP
OP
Pow_wagon

Pow_wagon

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Occupation
Pizza delivery
Not a good start to the fender delete:
Jeep Gladiator FunkForm’s build 0395D28E-6B0B-4603-954C-AF59D59C330F

Jeep Gladiator FunkForm’s build DD4466D2-61B4-44B5-A855-A1C9F9B41570

Must give a shout-out though, Gen Right responded to my email same day to let me know they’ll ship out another set of front deletes. No questions asked and didn’t ask to have these ones shipped back. A+ service there.

while I wait for the deletes, went ahead and did some trimming:

Jeep Gladiator FunkForm’s build 090BD025-1B20-48B3-8E2C-2033C6317F14

Pretty happy with the results for free handing it.

Have the entire Yeti front end in, caster set at 6.8deg with drop brackets and it tracks great down the road.

OP
OP
Pow_wagon

Pow_wagon

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Occupation
Pizza delivery
Update on front end, working with Steer Smarts to find a solution to an interesting problem. The bracket for their dampener hits the tie rod bar at full lock. Spoke to Jay there and he was just as perplexed as I was. So I’ve been cruising without a dampener, but it’s pretty dialed in so really don’t even notice it’s not there.
Jeep Gladiator FunkForm’s build 5FE20AE1-DC7A-45F8-ACC3-61F112293C3B
Sponsored