First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 TJ
Occupation
Biomedical Engineer
Well, seeing how the market is slim for tonneau covers for our JT's, I went out on a limb and bought a Gator cover from Gator Covers and couldn't be more disappointed. Mine came in damaged and trying to get a warranty replacement has been hell. First, Gator does not make their covers, they have someone else make them, I thought I ordered from the manufacture. Gator has to send emails to "the manufacture" to get approvals for warranty work. I've attached the picture of the drivers side top gasket. When I got it the inboard side of the gasket was tucked under the main top gasket causing the gasket to be skewed to the left. I took a plastic scraper and pulled the gasket out but it did not correct the issue.
Gator refuses to exchange the cover, said it was normal. Not sure about you but I've had 30+ covers over the years and that is not normal. Anyway, though I would share my experience so other don't have to go through this mess.
Jeep Gladiator Gator Covers Gator cover
Sponsored

Last edited:

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
The one I received looked worse, with a golf ball sized divot in the panel. It was on the underneath side of the middle panel so I figured it wasn't worth my time and energy to get it replaced. I figured they would be a hassle and nobody would see it unless I had it folded all the way open.

That being said, I'm pretty happy with it otherwise. Keeps the rain out and opens/closes easily.

I'm not sure if it's something about Jeep parts or just shipping companies having a hard time this last year but nearly all of my packages come beat to hell and back and a lot of the stuff inside has been damaged.

Some people have zero tolerance for damage (cosmetic or functional) and that's their right but you unfortunately get stuck with some poor return policies more often than not. I was willing to live with the damage to not have to risk a 2nd damaged product. It functions just fine and nobody other than me would know.

James H

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Jack of all tirades
Thanks for the info, I was considering ordering this.

OP
OP
Lowcountryearl

Lowcountryearl

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biomedical Engineer
Well, over two months later I got my warranty replacement, not sure I will order from this company anymore

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I just installed this cover on mine a couple weeks ago. Didn't have any of these issues. Looked flawless right out of the box. I was very impressed with the packaging and materials. Everything I needed was in the box ready to rock. I did have to use a thread chaser to clean out the bedliner materials from the threaded holes in the bed.

Cover looks great, snaps into place flawlessly, and appears to be no different from any other tri-fold on the market. But, it's $350 less money. And it's made in USA. I love it so far.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lowcountryearl

Lowcountryearl

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biomedical Engineer
Well that's great hope it continues to work out for you. I just got my warranty replacement last week, it took 3 months to get, 54 emails, hours on the phone, reported them to the BBB and Pay Pal was the only way they got motivated and have been waiting for a week for them to call Fed-X to pick up my return. This is not the folks I will continue to do business with.

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
I work in the tech support industry and this is unacceptable. Warranty issue in itself is always a hassle and when you offer a product you need to stand by it. Obviously are a manufacturer you want to ensure it is a defect and its very obvious from your picture its jacked up. As a customer we know its not going to be perfect forever but it should at lease start out that way and give us the opportunity to jack t up ourselves. Glad you got a new one!!
Sponsored