Sponsored

GATOR Gladiator JT Club [Retired]

Status
Not open for further replies.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I'm not sure if someone commented on this already. But this picture was posted Feb 13. That's the Toledo plant, isn't it? Which means that, although we have not seen Gator out in the wild, clearly they have produced some...

More confusing. The "First production gladiator" picture was from March 19...

Those dates definitely don't add up.

I'm starting to think there is definitely stock out there, and it's going to just appear one day. Isn't gator a late availability color?
Somebody from the plant said that color isn't gator, but it's the rust inhibiter coating or something. That I think was confirmed by two or more FCA employees.. No gators in the wild.
Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I'm not sure if someone commented on this already. But this picture was posted Feb 13. That's the Toledo plant, isn't it? Which means that, although we have not seen Gator out in the wild, clearly they have produced some...

More confusing. The "First production gladiator" picture was from March 19...

Those dates definitely don't add up.

I'm starting to think there is definitely stock out there, and it's going to just appear one day. Isn't gator a late availability color?
That picture came straight from Jay (who runs the site) and alot of people including me have said it looks like ecoat which is one of the first coatings they put on vehicles before primer and paint but the more I think of it and stare at this color I think it really is gator. Why would Jay post this and like... I know he knows the difference between ecoat and gator.. wish we had an actual picture of gator at this point

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
There is also a guy from Jeep marketing that's on our Facebook group that has hinted and said numorous times that gator on the build site looks nothing like the true gator and has hinted that it's alot lighter which would look exactly like this picture

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
That picture came straight from Jay (who runs the site) and alot of people including me have said it looks like ecoat which is one of the first coatings they put on vehicles before primer and paint but the more I think of it and stare at this color I think it really is gator. Why would Jay post this and like... I know he knows the difference between ecoat and gator.. wish we had an actual picture of gator at this point
I agree, we trust the source. Again, if that is Gator, then they are out there. Possibly just under literal wraps. No one is actually driving them, or allowed to drive them.

Which by the way, after watching all of those media drive video, and even the videos from the various car shows. I'm almost convinced we are looking at the same 10-15 vehicles. I'm comparing license plate numbers.

Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Let me also add to my conspiracy theory (@steffen707 where's that meme? lol), that I feel like some of the content we saw on the videos from yesterday was shot weeks ago... :movember:
The videos we're definitely shot weeks ago. There's even one video of the guy that was talking about his orange tree oranges fell off of it and he loaded them in the truck to donate. But weeks before that video was posted we had a picture of that same truck with oranges in the bed. They knew prices for weeks before embargo was up but couldn't say anything until the 30th

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
The videos we're definitely shot weeks ago. There's even one video of the guy that was talking about his orange tree oranges fell off of it and he loaded them in the truck to donate. But weeks before that video was posted we had a picture of that same truck with oranges in the bed. They knew prices for weeks before embargo was up but couldn't say anything until the 30th
Right. Yes that’s what I’m thinking.
Good job on their part keeping it under wraps.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
This is the picture we had a long time and in one of the videos Jay posted when prices came out the same guy that had the truck talked about it

24E94BD2-D82F-4971-8328-7F7924F3D267.jpeg

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Right. Yes that’s what I’m thinking.
Good job on their part keeping it under wraps.
They probably had no choice to keep there mouths shut or off with there heads from fca :lipssealed: . Also in some of the reviews you can actually tell there all doing the reviews in the same place, as if everyone showed up and each got a few hours to do whatever they wanted

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like brave little toaster on this pic
Holy shit that was fast. You win Rex. Loved that movie as a kid. "I was designed to be stuck in this stupid wall! I like being stuck in this stupid wall!"

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Holy shit that was fast. You win Rex. Loved that movie as a kid. "I was designed to be stuck in this stupid wall! I like being stuck in this stupid wall!"
I'm 27 so when I was a kid it was my all time favorite next to Johnny 5 which was way older than my time
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.