First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending Purchase
Occupation
Government / Healthcare
Recently purchased a 2020 JT Sport S w/Max Tow in Gator.

The previous owner obviously liked to tinker. He has a Smittybilt XRC Gen 1 front bumper but removed the winch, fairlead, and lighting off of the front of the truck prior to trading it in.

All that I’ve done to it so far is a 3” lift and thrown a bed cover on the back.
I found a hikeitx9 throttle controller hiding behind the dash today! Pleasant little surprise…

Main question I’m stuck on is whether or not I can mount lights to this bumper and wire them in to the OEM fog light button. There’s a lot of OEM stuff (fog lights and ambient lighting in cab) that aren’t functional and I’d like to restore some of those functionalities as I move forward with the build…
Any help would be greatly appreciated… more build info and questions surely to follow!
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only problem with wiring it into the fogs is that they will turn off when you switch to high beams.

I'm not a Gladiator owner yet. But 99% of the new cars sold in the last 15 years are wired so the fogs turn off with the high beams.

If that's not a problem, great. But it wold obviously suck to wire driving lights into the lows.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
The only problem with wiring it into the fogs is that they will turn off when you switch to high beams.

I'm not a Gladiator owner yet. But 99% of the new cars sold in the last 15 years are wired so the fogs turn off with the high beams.

If that's not a problem, great. But it wold obviously suck to wire driving lights into the lows.
With a tazer or other similar device that is not an issue...
(I'd assume the has or is getting one since I doubt he's running stock size tires with 3" lift)

I'd also check the fuse size for the factory fogs, and make sure it will handle what you plan on running for lights...if it won't just use it to control a relay for what ever you add

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With a tazer or other similar device that is not an issue...
(I'd assume the has or is getting one since I doubt he's running stock size tires with 3" lift)

I'd also check the fuse size for the factory fogs, and make sure it will handle what you plan on running for lights...if it won't just use it to control a relay for what ever you add
I hadn't thought about that.

So I've got a question then. Can you use a Tazer or similar to set them to come on with the high beams?

I ask because then you could install driving lights in the fog light location and actually have something useful.

Sponsored

OP
OP
txmedic2007

txmedic2007

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending Purchase
Occupation
Government / Healthcare
could you expand more on using the fuse as a relay? Or are you saying use the switch as a relay?

I don’t have a tazer yet but am absolutely planning on getting one. Previous owner had 33” toyo open countrys on it so I’m going to wait until they wear out and replace them with 35’s. They’re currently about 3mph off from the speedometer. Which is weird because I thought Jeep’s came with 33’s…

I’m also super curious as to what this was for (my assumption is lights or the winch, or both), super cool of him to leave it on for me, but now I have to figure out what it is and how to use it… I’m hoping this group can help me figure it out…

6D02CD98-13B2-4D79-BD8B-F28301654E63.jpeg

CE79AB69-94E0-4168-A5E8-5C5B23A29B0A.jpeg

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
could you expand more on using the fuse as a relay? Or are you saying use the switch as a relay?

You'll need to know the total amp draw of whatever you add for lights, that needs to be under the rating of the factory fog light fuse. If it's not, you'll need to use the factory fog light circuit to trigger a relay(with appropriate sized fuse) to run your lights

I don’t have a tazer yet but am absolutely planning on getting one. Previous owner had 33” toyo open countrys on it so I’m going to wait until they wear out and replace them with 35’s. They’re currently about 3mph off from the speedometer. Which is weird because I thought Jeep’s came with 33’s…

Rubicon's come with 33s

I’m also super curious as to what this was for (my assumption is lights or the winch, or both), super cool of him to leave it on for me, but now I have to figure out what it is and how to use it… I’m hoping this group can help me figure it out…

just have to chase the wires and see where they go
Sponsored