GECKO GREEN Gladiator Club

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
So I spent most of this afternoon detailing my chargers engine bay. Still some cleanup to do. Found a couple bolts missing that mount my coolant tank to the car. Fortunately no damage but need to get replacements tomorrow. My shop must have missed these after my engine swap.

Each weekend I wait I'll continue to do a little more to hopefully get some extra dollars for my trade in
Good idea. I need to do a few things with my GTI to get it back into perfect condition.
Sponsored

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
What's everyone's thoughts on color matched vs black fenders on Gecko? I think the color of the JT really affects whether I like color matched or not. I'm a fan of replaceable black fenders in terms of utility but in Gecko I really like the look of color matched fenders and black top. After market fenders might be a different story but looking at the Kevlar one w/ black aftermarket fenders and color top vs DS's black top and color fenders, I really really like DS's.

I'm figuring color matched and if I want to swap them later I can go aftermarket or black for cheaper and easier than switching to color matched would be.

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
Personally I think you need a little exterior black to offset the green. For me genders black. However the hardtop is where I'm in the fence. I would rather the green but the extra cost may put me over budget with the wheels, lift and gears I want.

Sponsored

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Other than white I prefer the black top on the JT. There's something about the color matched tops that make it look disproportionate to me. I agree that I like a little black to break up the green but for me it's the top and the little black fender extensions that are the perfect amount.

I've only ever noticed it on Gecko but the little portion of the black fenders that extends past the grill bothers me for some reason. The integrated JL style lights help but it still bothers me for some reason.
Jeep Gladiator GECKO GREEN Gladiator Club 2012JeepGecko-678x381

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
Only a couple weeks till May. Maybe then some good news. I will say this though. I gave my sublime charger a bath last weekend amd it is painful dealing with the bug guts on the front bumper. It literally stains the clearcoat. I could probably clay bar but ugh.... made me start second guessing goin gn with Gecko. A Granite Grey you wouldn't notice as easy lol

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Only a couple weeks till May. Maybe then some good news. I will say this though. I gave my sublime charger a bath last weekend amd it is painful dealing with the bug guts on the front bumper. It literally stains the clearcoat. I could probably clay bar but ugh.... made me start second guessing goin gn with Gecko. A Granite Grey you wouldn't notice as easy lol
Don't know if you guys have love bugs up there yet but they are a nightmare here for a few weeks a year. In my experience the easiest way to deal with bug guts is to get them off ASAP. I have some detailing spray in the garage for small individual bugs so I can wipe them off. Worse days I try to hose off the front end the day of and then wash it at least within a week.

Sponsored

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Not my pictures, stolen off internets. But this is a good sign for @Sublime . One of the first Gecko JLUs spotted.

Jeep Gladiator GECKO GREEN Gladiator Club AD9978A2-2DE6-4377-AF28-EAA26E82CA13

Jeep Gladiator GECKO GREEN Gladiator Club AD9978A2-2DE6-4377-AF28-EAA26E82CA13
After seeing that I sure hope Sublime didn't get too antsy and go with a different color. That's F'n incredible. The color matched top even works on it.