Sponsored

General Sams off-road park Huntsville Texas or Crosby Texas xtreme off-road park?

Malachi23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Pearl Mojave
I’m thinking about breaking into the off-road experience sometime in May.

For you guys that have done both, which one would you recommend for a first timer?
Sponsored

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I live about 10 minutes away from Xtreme in Crosby. While there are some areas that you can take a Jeep, the whole place is really geared more towards ATVs and SxS. Most of the trails are narrow but there are some wide open areas near the river. Just a word of warning, the weekends get crazy busy out there and there is a lot of drinking/partying going on. Also, it's all mud and it's nasty mud and takes forever to clean off.

OP
OP

Malachi23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you, Ted Striker, this is very helpful. I am guessing you have not gone out to General Sam's. I will begin focusing on that based on your comments.

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
I haven't been to General Sam's but from looking at the pictures, it appears to be the same story. Looks like a bunch of ATV mud boggin.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, Ted Striker, this is very helpful. I am guessing you have not gone out to General Sam's. I will begin focusing on that based on your comments.
No, I haven't been to General Sam's but like Levi said, it's generally the same thing as Xtreme. If you really just want to get out there and be able to put it into 4WD, work the gears and understand how it will perform, I suggest going to one of those places on a weekday when it's less crowded and people aren't drunk and acting stupid. If you really want to see what your Gladiator can and can't do, take it to Hidden Falls Adventure Park.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Malachi23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you both for the responses. I was trying to stay within an hour or so from Houston, but it sounds like Hidden Falls may be the best solution.

Is that set up fairly well in terms of hard trails vs easier ones?

Thanks again.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you both for the responses. I was trying to stay within an hour or so from Houston, but it sounds like Hidden Falls may be the best solution.

Is that set up fairly well in terms of hard trails vs easier ones?

Thanks again.
Absolutely. There are trails there that a stock Overland Gladiator with street tires could do. Hell, I saw a brand new Chevrolet Z71 at the top peak and it was on stock Goodyear Wranglers. There's also some stuff that you can get into that will definitely tear your Gladiator up or flip it over, but it's all marked on the map that they give you when you first arrive. I stayed on mostly 2s and 3s and even did a few 4s and didn't have any issues with any of the obstacles.

Sponsored

TxAgs98

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Making money for Jeep parts
We need to take a group run up to Hidden Falls.
Agreed! Been awhile since I was last there with the Ram 2500 and JKU before that. Itching to get the Glady out there and will bring my sons along in their JK and TJ.

JJones95

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Logistics
Agreed! Been awhile since I was last there with the Ram 2500 and JKU before that. Itching to get the Glady out there and will bring my sons along in their JK and TJ.
I haven't been since '12 or '13 - can't believe its been that long, it's only an hour from the house. Of course I didn't own a Jeep from '13-'20.
Sponsored