Texas off-road parks

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
I've seen very little here about off-road parks here in Texas. They're out there, but you have to look....

https://www.alltrails.com/us/texas/off-road-driving

It's disappointing that there isn't anything closer to the north Texas area besides the one east of Tyler. I could probably find one in Oklahoma that is closer to me than that one. If you have a park you go to, please post it up here for information and discussion.
Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Around DFW it’s Bridgeport or Barnwell Mountain. That’s pretty much it.

OP
OP
texanjeeper

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Hey, I'm all for traveling to the ones on that link, at least the ones that are within a few hours drive ! I visit Houston from time to time, so I could probably knock off 2 or 3 on the list by doing that.

BrianEl

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I've seen very little here about off-road parks here in Texas. They're out there, but you have to look....

https://www.alltrails.com/us/texas/off-road-driving

It's disappointing that there isn't anything closer to the north Texas area besides the one east of Tyler. I could probably find one in Oklahoma that is closer to me than that one. If you have a park you go to, please post it up here for information and discussion.
Even less trails on that website when you realize they repeat the same trails/parks. Problem with Texas, barely any public land, almost all of it privately owned. Got a big realization of that when I went back to AZ to visit and there are public trails all over the place.

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Even less trails on that website when you realize they repeat the same trails/parks. Problem with Texas, barely any public land, almost all of it privately owned. Got a big realization of that when I went back to AZ to visit and there are public trails all over the place.
Boy howdy do I miss the freedom of AZ and being able to drive and shoot just about anywhere...

Sponsored

ATX_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD
Occupation
IT
These are not in the DFW area but I can recommend Hidden Falls Adventure Park, Wolf Caves and Trees Ranch. In that order. There is also Katemcy Rocks but I haven't wheeled it yet.

Olecoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys
Occupation
Sys Admin
Trees Ranch is now closed.
open parks are Wolf Caves, Katemcy Rocks, both in Mason.
Escondido Draw, 30 miles west of Ozona
Barnwell in Gilmer
Hidden Falls in Marble Falls
Bridgeport in Bridgeport.
General Sams in Huntsville - lotsa mud
Canadian River north of Amarillo
Merus Adv Park -- Palo Duro Canyon - Canyon, Texas
Big Bend - not a offroad park per se, but they do have some nice trails.
Stillwaters ranch in Llano -SWR Offroad
Longhorn Ranch - Terlingua

smokin.gif

graham5david

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon
Occupation
RN
Big bend state park has a bunch of trails. It has more than the national park from what I have been told

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Big bend state park has a bunch of trails. It has more than the national park from what I have been told
Big bend does have a few trails. Nothing real technical. But it's so beautiful out there that it doesn't even matter. It is stunning. If you go from one camping spot to another, it could take up to six hours. Lots of spots to learn a lot of history from. And if the river bed is dry, you could walk right into Mexico. I camped and stayed for three days and it was awesome!
Sponsored