First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Gas and ULSD consultant
I ran a stock JTR on Fins and things over Thanksgiving. You can watch YouTube on what that trail entails. I got high centered 3 times (just stacked rocks under front wheels and drove right off) and scratched the tow receiver and rear bumper more times than i can count. End of day, the truck won't get stuck. Too much flex and both lockers, but you'll drag on the skid plates, get high centered, and for sure bend the tow receiver. I am a little worried about the catalytic converter, it's very exposed, just a single bar going across, BUT, the thing is solid and unstoppable.

I'll be upgrading to Metalcloak 3" lift and 37's soon. Just so much else you have to add, driveshafts, steering stabilizers, and eventually axle shaft replacements at a minimum (chromoly)..you tack on new wheels (need 8" width at a minimum for 37" tires) and tires, the whole thing is $14k+with labor, and labor is only like $1500 for all that (that's before the Chromoly shafts, and regearing..add $4k with labor on top of that)....Things people on here don't talk about.
Sponsored

TravisK13

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT maxtow, JL sport unlimited
Occupation
N/A
I'm not aware of any turning radius reduction with the larger tires. I think 37's and a mild lift are perfect for the Gladiator. I have a Rubicon JT with 37's and the Rock Krawler 3" Pro-X Stage 1 lift on it. I also have hydraulic bump stops. Between the two it will go over some very rough terrain at speed easily. Large bumps and off camber twists are really smoothed out by the 4-link rear and bumps.

I went out this last weekend to shake down the new suspension setup and I've been very impressed. I have some unrefined video I grabbed off my dashcam. I haven't spent any time with it and it's not fancy like others have posted here. Just some basic footage of a couple obstacles. The amount of flex with this suspension is nothing short of incredible.

Couple side notes... the video is in 4K. The rattle you hear once an awhile is my side step that's a little loose. Haven't fixed that. The dull thump-thump you hear in the audio are the hydraulic bump stops working, absorbing the impacts.

TravisK13

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT maxtow, JL sport unlimited
Occupation
N/A
Is your lift the triangulated lift in the back? If so, did you weld it or just bolt it on?

KHam

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Is your lift the triangulated lift in the back? If so, did you weld it or just bolt it on?
You are correct, it is the triangulated lift and it's welded in as well as bolted in.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
The low belly and long wheel base is what had me change from doing 35’s and no lift to 37’s and a lift. Its a great truck, but this is the weakness.
Sponsored