First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
While I totally, absolutely, love my Mojave, as even after looking at everything else in the mid size segment, all of being materially less pricey, and I have ZERO regrets as it is the perfect truck for me vs any other option, I'd be the first to admit these things are overpriced...

With inflation skyrocketing, people are hurting, and they will find a way to save money one way or another because they have no choice. I am bless not to have to do such things, but I am not immune to noticing the dramatic % rise of what I am paying now for basic necessities vs even just a year ago, - thank you Joe B. and Nancy P.!!!!

So I am not surprised Gladiator which is the most expensive truck in this segment is taking it on the chin.

What to do about it, above my paygrade but start by engineering the frivolous crap out of the machine in the hops to trim the price closer at least a little to the competition, all manufacturers have them.

That said, I don't want them to go too far, as the craftsmanship and engineering in this "beast" are certainly above all others in this segment...Fine line, which they need to learn how to walk.
Sponsored

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Depending on what you spec'd. On a Rubicon or Mojave, 5K would be in the ballpark. 8K for other models.
I got 6% off MSRP in July on my special order JTR. When I ordered it in February there was no mention of that. They had over 20 on the lot and were dealing, but I did pay cash.

onewhippedpuppy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Aerospace
While the JT is by no means cheap, I also donā€™t think itā€™s outrageously expensive either. Sticker on my ā€˜21 Mojave was $56k and I think I paid $49k. I was primarily cross shopping the Colorado ZR2, just for fun I went and built one online and it came to $52k. Because itā€™s Sunday and Iā€™m just sitting here drinking coffee I also built a Ranger Lariat Tremor, which was $48k for a much less capable truck. Compared to the JT, the Colorado and Ranger have a cheaper interior with smaller back seats, and neither give you the option to remove doors and the top. I think comparatively speaking the JT is priced fairly compared to the competition.

It will be interesting to see where the Ranger Raptor falls for price, supposedly it will be about $52k starting price. With options Iā€™m sure most will be around $60k, but you can option a JT that high as well.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Well when the price of a 2022 is at least $5000 more than a equal 2021 it's no wonder sales are down. They are pushing people out of the market and making them explore other options.

It's only going to get worse for the Gladiator. You have a new Ranger coming that will finally be Raptorized for the US market. The GM twins just got substantial refreshes. And the new Tacoma is on the way. Even the refreshed Nissan Frontier is creating some buzz.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
I got 6% off MSRP in July on my special order JTR. When I ordered it in February there was no mention of that. They had over 20 on the lot and were dealing, but I did pay cash.
I was able to get 5K off on my JTM (it equates to just over 8% off sticker). I ordered mine mid-Feb and it came it mid-March. I financed it through my dealer at 2.9%.

Sponsored

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
I was able to get 5K off on my JTM (it equates to just over 8% off sticker). I ordered mine mid-Feb and it came it mid-March. I financed it through my dealer at 2.9%.
It looks like we did well, although I had to wait almost five months for delivery. The deals are out there. Looks like a good time to buy.

onewhippedpuppy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Aerospace
If you are cross shopping and concerned about off-road ability you canā€™t sleep on the Colorado ZR2. Yes I know itā€™s IFS but the suspension is fantastic and it has lockers front and rear, along with optional AEV bumpers and armor from the factory. I really didnā€™t like it after driving one, but itā€™s a solid offering.

Fox940

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator, 2010 Power Wagon, 1958 Willys p/u
Well when the price of a 2022 is at least $5000 more than a equal 2021 it's no wonder sales are down. They are pushing people out of the market and making them explore other options.

It's only going to get worse for the Gladiator. You have a new Ranger coming that will finally be Raptorized for the US market. The GM twins just got substantial refreshes. And the new Tacoma is on the way. Even the refreshed Nissan Frontier is creating some buzz.
Yep, sticker on mine now is $4000 more than it was 6 months ago when I bought it. I may not have purchased it for the current price. Glad I got it when I did.

RobTrachtman

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Rob Trachtman
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttleclickchrysler.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Hydro Blue
Occupation
Fleet Manager Tuttle Click Jeep Chrysler Dodge Hyundai
Guys,

I am at 2 percent below invoice on JL and JT models with tread lightly membership, except Hybrid and 392, plus tax, license and an 85 doc fee only on sold orders. There are no other charges or accessories or high doc or admin fees. There is also no mandatory high finance terms or prepayment penalties. I will do my best to get you the most competitive rate or use your own financing or pay cash. You can lease at the same price as well with no rate markup.

On the 4xe I will now do tread lightly at 1 percent below invoice total savings plus tax, license and 85 doc fee. Whatever state and federal tax or rebates apply at the time of delivery is yours to keep on sold orders.

On the 392s I will do MSRP plus 1000 at this time on sold orders.

To order, I just need copy of drivers license, current address, email and phone. no deposit needed.

On my existing orders I will adjust pricing accordingly if you join tread lightly asap.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

I also offer the other Dodge, Ram and Chrysler products at similar savings (excluding TRX) contact me for details.

Please email me at [email protected] or [email protected]
Thank you,

Rob Trachtman
Fleet and Internet Manager
Tuttle Click Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
40 Auto Center Dr
Irvine Ca 92618
954-864-5162 cell
Sponsored