First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
How did that work out? I’m wanting to do the same but I’m worried it will interfere with the two rear tire readings
Seems to be fine, I have no problems with it... at least as far as I know 😆

drewcnit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
As far as I know it’s not set up for 5 tpms signals
Yeah, I only get 4 readings on the dash. I assume it's reading the correct four tires and not accidently getting the reading from the spare for one of them...

Edit (From the Wrangler forums) - The part of it that you're missing is that the spare tire isn't read until it's mounted as a road wheel and rotating. That's why the dash read out is only for the four road wheels. That's when the spare is picked up by the sensors. If there's connectivity, whatever position one of four that the spare is mounted, it's location is identified by the sensors. The process of elimination occurs because the four road wheels are only being monitored by the TPMS system/computer. That's also why when the tires are rotated the system knows the position.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just an example,

A local guy I know selling his 4 stock JT wheels and tires (no spare) without sensors, got down to $800 with no takers after 4 weeks. Me selling my 5 stock JT wheels (steelie spare) with sensors, sold for $1,400 within 19 hours.

as always YMMV
I agree. I think people will be less frightened if you sell it with the sensors. Plug and play so to speak.

Costco will sell and install TPMS sensor for $39/wheel. They work fine.

Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
I bought a full set of 5 from Benny here, it was 2 years ago so the prices will be different, but it wasn't a bad deal. Something like 135 for 5 of them.
The new post-6/2021 sensors are under $30. The pre-6/2021 sensors are around 40-50 each; those Mopar site shipping rates are terrible. I bought a set of pre-2021 sensors from BAM that I don’t need if someone wants to buy them at a slight discount.

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
I think the very marginal savings of keeping your sensors, is lost both in the removal , Re installation but then on your side of the deal. I read most of the above comments and Would myself consider picking up a set of Willy's take-offs so I watch threads.... and it's a thing that tires without sensors sit (generally) and ones with sell.... I understand that the sensors change but

I would save the cost of removal, get new tons with your new tires and wheels, and if you plan to sell the old set, leave them completely intact and ready to bolt on for the new buyer.....

leave them balanced (not dismounted) and ready to bolt on and I'll bet they sell in a reasonable time.... my .02 from what I see

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The new post-6/2021 sensors are under $30. The pre-6/2021 sensors are around 40-50 each; those Mopar site shipping rates are terrible. I bought a set of pre-2021 sensors from BAM that I don’t need if someone wants to buy them at a slight discount.
Usually Benny gives a code for free shipping.
I'd say 5 TPMS sensors for a 2020 for about 130-maybe it was 135, was a bargain if they normally went for 40 or so. 5x40=200.

I'll be looking to buy 1 for a 2022.

Yours should work in any 2020 and any 2021 made before July 2021 if my memory is correct so anyone with a 2021 that's interested in yours should look at the build date on their door jamb sticker.

jakes5thjeep

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubi
Occupation
Worker
Because my new tires were late arriving, my new-to-me wheels went on first with MY tpms. Then my tires went on. So mine were seperated.. Sold my tires(5) for 500, and sold the the wheels (4) for 300. They were rubicon wheels and AT's. If they were still mounted, I think I'd still have them. They are fairly easy to come buy/ slash hard to sell here in OKC.
Would they be easier for you to sell separately?
Sponsored