Sponsored

Gladiator Versus other trucks

TalieV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
New to the group, thanks for adding me:

I have recently had these very same discussions with myself. I have a gas 2018 F-250 for my 28’ RV and it is perfect for our needs., it’s the Mr’s truck. I just bought a 2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, I drove the gas and diesel the same day and heavily researched and weighed the towing difference and all other differences in general. I went with the Diesel even though it has a lower tow capacity than the gas, it felt much more stable and solid on the road over the 3.6 Pentastar, a little heavier and definitely isn’t fast off the line. It is a $6k upgrade for the Diesel engine because you have to have the automatic transmission it requires which is $2k on top of the the $4k (this is where I got stuck for months in my decision making process, until I drove it). I bought this specifically because well it’s a Jeep, it’s a truck which I find I always need, it’s MY truck and not the Mr’s, it will tow my utility trailer and 2 SXS with confidence. Not to mention all the beautiful scenic runs we will go on. My Wrangler doesn’t tow worth it’s weight in beans, love it for trail runs with the club. It all boils down to what are your needs and does it have to be a Jeep, for me it had to have those iconic four letters Jeepers love to see. Starting to customize mine this week with a BedRug, side Molle panels for my gear, custom seat covers from Camo & Covers, 35’s and my DiamondBack 270 in black that just arrived this week. These are all my reasons for JEEP. Thank you for reading my 2 cents, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel Billet Silver 570 miles to date

TalieV
Sponsored

Knightindullarmor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Edition
Occupation
Firearms Instructor
My 26' trailer is 3900lbs dry & 4900lbs with full propane, water tank, food, clothes, generator, etc... I bought a 21 Gladiator with tow package so I can tow trailer to campground & then park it and go on trails that my 2500 Suburban couldn't come close to being able to handle. Most 28' trailers are within max weight for a JT gladiator with tow package.