Sponsored

Going to be upgrading Front Axle in near furture to a Rubicon axle. Have a question about locker switch

EXTORTION

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Im planning on upgrading to a Gladiator Rubicon Front axle with a locker on my Mojave if possible. I'm assuming its a straight bolt on, with exclusion of the wiring for the locker. Correct me if im wrong please.

My question is with the dash locker switch. My current dash locker switch(Mojave) only has Rear Locker setting and Off Road button Can I go ahead and replace the switch now with the Rubicon F&R Locker switch, Sway Bar and Off Road buttons and plug the factory Mohave harness back in to the Rubicon switch set up and still have Rear Locker and Off Road function until I install front axle and needed wiring harness(s) for that set up. This is the replacement switch I want to install.

Jeep Gladiator Going to be upgrading Front Axle in near furture to a Rubicon axle. Have a question about locker switch 20210213_144427
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheProdigalBastard

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Which axle do you have? The Mojave should have a Dana44 or Dana44 wide (M210/M220) which is the same as a Rubicon would have.

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
I've been thinking about something similar, but just getting the locker components from a wrecked rubi.

As far as I know, outside of the locker and the shock mounts (holes are larger on the Mojave) the front and rear axles are the same as the Rubicon.

The Mojave has cast iron knuckles up front VS the aluminum ones in the Rubicon. I assume those could be swapped, but I'm not sure.

Asuming all the hardware works, you'd need to be able to add the switch functionality with something like JScan or Alphaodb. I wouldn't think that would be an issue but I don't think anyone has done it yet.

I'm not sure what additional wiring would be needed either, I would think the harnesses would be very similar and there might be only the harness from the front locker needed, but I don't know.