Sponsored

Good deal on used Rubicon?

Pandamonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing Yet
Local dealer is selling this Rubicon. Currently has 6,391 miles and they’re asking for $47,331. I’m clueless when it comes to buying a used vehicle. Is this a good deal? Do I have any room to negotiate when it comes to used vehicles? The other caveat is that it is being sold at Ford dealership; are there any cons to buying from a non-Jeep dealership?

Jeep Gladiator Good deal on used Rubicon? AE955F03-EE48-4432-AA3B-5B940C687287
Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
That doesn’t seem like a bad deal for Florida. I understand that the dealers down there don’t negotiate much... You will still have the balance of the factory warranty and buying it at a Ford dealership makes no difference.

You always have room to negotiate...

Fight On

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Hellcat Challenger, 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
Logistics
I'm seeing new Rubicans similarly equipped for that amount. With employee pricing and dealer incentives you can see $4k-$6k off. Unless the previous owner upgraded the wheels and tires. You could get a better deal.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
No, it is not a good deal for a used Rubicon, even with the options shown.

The used price is more than the FCA Friends & Family price on the same unit new.

That and the used vehicle market is worse than flat right now. Walk away from it.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah, that is not a good deal used. My Rubicon had a similar close MSRP and I paid $46K new for it.

I would either be looking for new with a similar discount, or looking for another $3K-$4k off that dealers asking price. There is a possible chance they over paid for it at trade and may not deal that low, but that is not your problem as shopping around some more will get you a better deal.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Pandamonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing Yet
You said Ford dealer... is it the one that has been sitting at Bill Currie in Tampa for 2 months?

I also agree you can buy similar spec new for same price right now.

If you're in the Bay Area, Dayton Andrews in St Pete is where I bought my JLUR. Mike Tieman did me right and he'll probably eventually sell me a JT Rubicon.
Nah, NW Florida (lower Alabama).

OP
OP

Pandamonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing Yet
Appreciate the input guys. I’m currently deployed so my only interactions with dealers is through e-mails. I’ll see if they’ll go lower but if not I’ll look elsewhere.

gonzoy5

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Just leaving details for reference.. I'm in Florida too and seen a handful of reasonably priced Rubicons In the 48-50 range with tons of variations. You might not find them substantially cheaper, but what you'll likely find is with more options. I wound up with one with only 2400 miles and nearly every damn possible option at 48k. Happy Hunting! :D
Sponsored