Got rear ended today

ShikGluon

First Name
Zaza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Punk'n
So got rear-ended today. I was actually very surprised at the apparent lack of damage to my baby, Venator. Got a small scratch on the bumper. We were only going about 44 when like 3-4 cars slammed on their breaks in front of me, so I did the same, and then BAM. At first, I felt bad about his poor little Nissan, but then he ended up fleeing the scene. So serves him right driving on a suspended license and WAAAAY to close to my truck. Yeah, my windows need the mud cleaned off of them, but you can barely see him out the back camera because he was so close.

I was thinking of having the dealership check Venator out for any other damage, he doesn't even have 5000 miles on him yet. :(

Enjoy the pics and video:

+1 Jeep... -1 Nissan :rock:

Jeep Gladiator Got rear ended today DSC_1253
Jeep Gladiator Got rear ended today DSC_1254
Jeep Gladiator Got rear ended today DSC_1257
Jeep Gladiator Got rear ended today DSC_1258
Jeep Gladiator Got rear ended today DSC_1260
Sponsored

OP
OP
ShikGluon

ShikGluon

First Name
Zaza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad you're okay, and your gladiator. Might be worth having it checked out just to be on the safe side.
Thanks! Yeah, I agree.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Definitely have it checked for damages. I had an incident with a rock and I thought the only damage was the bumper and some very minor bedside damage on the PS bed side. I was going to have my friend who does paintless dent repair fix the minor bedside damage. It turned out that what I needed to be concerned about was that my bedside was tweaked literally 1/4” forward but I had to fix that first before he could address the other damages because the bedside was under pressure. You really couldn’t even see it until he pointed it out to me. I had to do some shade tree repairs to address that. You could have hidden damage and I’d definitely have it checked out.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Similar thing happened to me. Much slower, the Nissan had much less damage. Still bent a hitch bracket and dented the bumper slightly. Ended up needing a new rear bumper and hitch

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
Glad you're okay!! Also seemed like a good option to not have the sound on ... lip reading was enough! ;) :CWL:

Sponsored

OP
OP
ShikGluon

ShikGluon

First Name
Zaza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Similar thing happened to me. Much slower, the Nissan had much less damage. Still bent a hitch bracket and dented the bumper slightly. Ended up needing a new rear bumper and hitch
DAM! Yeah, called Jeep and they said that the Gladiator's bumpers are known for popping out after getting rear-ended. So gonna take it in to have it checked, just in case.

OP
OP
ShikGluon

ShikGluon

First Name
Zaza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s the good thing about jeeps. Same situation happened to me a few years back. I wiped my bumper off with a shop rag and I was good

Jeep Gladiator Got rear ended today EB2A3514-77E9-4829-80DC-B18DBB9CE597

Jeep Gladiator Got rear ended today EB2A3514-77E9-4829-80DC-B18DBB9CE597
WOW! That car was smooshed! Never knew Jeeps were this good at handling a hit.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ShikGluon

ShikGluon

First Name
Zaza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad you are OK. Great video ! I am leaving my skidmark on permanently. Rear-enders beware...

Jeep Gladiator Got rear ended today lTdPzu
Thanks! :)
Haha, that looks very useful!

OP
OP
ShikGluon

ShikGluon

First Name
Zaza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turns out he did about $1300 worth of damage to my truck. So not too bad, but bad enough, considering it's got under 5k miles on it. Here's hoping the insurance part isn't a PITA. :D

Going to see my doctor on Monday for a sore back, and watching my brain, as I have some indications of a concussion (had one a few years back). So hoping that isn't the case. I must have been hyped up on adrenaline after the accident.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Turns out he did about $1300 worth of damage to my truck. So not too bad, but bad enough, considering it's got under 5k miles on it. Here's hoping the insurance part isn't a PITA. :D

Going to see my doctor on Monday for a sore back, and watching my brain, as I have some indications of a concussion (had one a few years back). So hoping that isn't the case. I must have been hyped up on adrenaline after the accident.
Don't forget to get a car fax report, KBB, etc for value on it before it hits. Get it appraised as soon as you get it repaired and then appraised again after the accident shows up. Use the discrepencies in the value to make a diminished value claim because dealerships WILL offer you less on your trade/sale because its been in a collision.

ScramblerGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ8, MJ
Vehicle Showcase
I installed a front/rear dash cam in all our vehicles after my 1983 Scrambler was hit by DUIs twice in a 4 month time span several years ago. They saved me twice on my daily driver in later years - well worth the $$ if you live in a large metro area with distracted, intoxicated, or just plain bad drivers.
Sponsored