Sponsored

GRANITE CRYSTAL JT Gladiator Club

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Any update on Granite since the Friday delivery on Facebook? Anyone's status move up at all? I'm still D.
Sponsored

calvin17d

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD - Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition - Granite Crystal
I just got a call from my salesperson today. He told me that that Granite LEs are now not expected to be delivered until Sept or Oct. he offered up a billit silver LE that is in D status with Vin. I opted to switch to the silver.

Fairwell Granite Crystal LE team. I’ve officially departed.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Any update on Granite since the Friday delivery on Facebook? Anyone's status move up at all? I'm still D.
Here's my worthless response from the concierge line. Already hedging their bets that we won't see them built in July either...

Ah, there was hope with a Granite Sport S delivering this weekend that we would see progress on the Granite LEs. Alas, Jeep continues to disappoint.

Paige confirmed still in C status. 14 weeks/96 days now. And to instill even more confidence in anything Jeep tell us, Paige said, and I quote: "They are scheduled to begin build the end of this month, but we cannot guarantee that."

HikerBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCLE Gladiator, ‘91 Wrangler, ‘08 GTI, ‘11 GTI
Here's my worthless response from the concierge line. Already hedging their bets that we won't see them built in July either...
No thumbs up because I am sad, sad ,sad.

Sponsored

Rubicon Bob

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Rubi, 17 Grand Cherokee, 2020 GCM LE Gladiator
Ah, there was hope with a Granite Sport S delivering this weekend that we would see progress on the Granite LEs. Alas, Jeep continues to disappoint.

Paige confirmed still in C status. 14 weeks/96 days now. And to instill even more confidence in anything Jeep tell us, Paige said, and I quote: "They are scheduled to begin build the end of this month, but we cannot guarantee that."
You would think that since there are several dealers/salesman for dealers, someone could post up what is really going on with this nightmare.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
You would think that since there are several dealers/salesman for dealers, someone could post up what is really going on with this nightmare.
Left a message for my salesman this afternoon. If Jeep ain't building them, there's not much he can do so I haven't been bothering him during this fiasco. But asked to see if he has any (better or different) insight other than the random conflicting updates we get from Jeep directly.

Rebel JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon (Long arm crawler), 2015 JKUR Hardrock, 2020 Gladiator Launch Edition (Granite ordered)
So, The dealer is still working to keep my order and I dont believe they will cancel from factory. so I called concierge this morning, barbara giggled when I said I was calling to get a status on order... so I said "Im not the first this morning", she giggled again, so I said " Im guessing you dont even need my VON" she giggled again and said Granite? Then read the prepared statement and added, " they are tweaking the color to get it to match. I said that was funny as the colors been out for years....

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
So, The dealer is still working to keep my order and I dont believe they will cancel from factory. so I called concierge this morning, barbara giggled when I said I was calling to get a status on order... so I said "Im not the first this morning", she giggled again, so I said " Im guessing you dont even need my VON" she giggled again and said Granite? Then read the prepared statement and added, " they are tweaking the color to get it to match. I said that was funny as the colors been out for years....
You know that's total BS. Did you mention to her that they have already shipped Granite JTs?

gladtohaveit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator LE
Well, I spoke to three different FCA chat reps this morning. One stopped responding after the initial hello, one refused to give me any info saying I needed to call the concierge line, and the third told me my parts were being gathered and she would escalate the issue. This whole message every day is got me feeling a certain way. EDIT - Just spoke to Barbara at the concierge. She said they are struggling to get the paint to match on the fenders and 3 piece body color hard top and that they hope to have them into production by the end of the month, but no guarantee. At least the company is finally getting on the same page.

groundhog-day1.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Well, I spoke to three different FCA chat reps this morning. One stopped responding after the initial hello, one refused to give me any info saying I needed to call the concierge line, and the third told me my parts were being gathered and she would escalate the issue. This whole message every day is got me feeling a certain way. EDIT - Just spoke to Barbara at the concierge. She said they are struggling to get the paint to match on the fenders and 3 piece body color hard top and that they hope to have them into production by the end of the month, but no guarantee. At least the company is finally getting on the same page.

groundhog-day1.jpg

I think Barbara gave you the correct answer. That sport Granite we saw delivered had both the black top and fenders. I think these items are painted at a vendor somewhere. The only question is what did they change from the JL that came with Granite colored top and fenders?

HikerBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCLE Gladiator, ‘91 Wrangler, ‘08 GTI, ‘11 GTI
Just called the concierge’s and spoke to Page. Same story. I’d rather have them get it right then rush the damn things out the door and have the paint fail in a couple of years. I’ve seen that on other Chrysler products and would prefer it not to happen on the Granite LE.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I think Barbara gave you the correct answer. That sport Granite we saw delivered had both the black top and fenders. I think these items are painted at a vendor somewhere. The only question is what did they change from the JL that came with Granite colored top and fenders?
Just called the concierge’s and spoke to Page. Same story. I’d rather have them get it right then rush the damn things out the door and have the paint fail in a couple of years. I’ve seen that on other Chrysler products and would prefer it not to happen on the Granite LE.
They gave me the same story Monday. Sorry, I'm not buying it. They've been painting Wranglers and RAMs in Granite for years, including the JLs. There's something else going on and the "paint" issues is their latest excuse. They've built at least one Granite LE back in May:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...al-jt-gladiator-club.15033/page-6#post-253068

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
They gave me the same story Monday. Sorry, I'm not buying it. They've been painting Wranglers and RAMs in Granite for years, including the JLs. There's something else going on and the "paint" issues is their latest excuse. They've built at least one Granite LE back in May:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...al-jt-gladiator-club.15033/page-6#post-253068
@JeepCares says Granite Crystal Metallic LEs are production begun this week. Doesn't change that most of us are still in C status without a VIN, and the Jeep concierge line still says it will be end of the month, at least, until production begins...

Hi All,

We have just been informed that production for Granite Launch Editions began this week. This is the all of the information we have at this time. We will continue to update you as we receive any new information. Please continue to send us a private message if you would like an order status update and we'll be happy to provide.

JeepCares

gladtohaveit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator LE
@JeepCares says Granite Crystal Metallic LEs are production begun this week. Doesn't change that most of us are still in C status without a VIN, and the Jeep concierge line still says it will be end of the month, at least, until production begins...
There is no info regarding this given to the concierge line. I'm not saying its not true. Just don't go call them expecting the same info. They were quite perplexed actually, but that's par the course for this experience so far.
Sponsored