kgc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Hey all,

I've been a quiet lurker on this forum for the past year ---- and have appreciated this forum's wealth of knowledge, from advice on pricing and purchasing to information on parts and upgrades. Specifically - I just completed self-installing the auxillary switch kit from Mopar and had the 'orange wire' problem that is so well detailed here (as well as the blown main 5 amp fuse).

I've been going to Moab 2-3 times the past 10 years or so, mostly on mountain biking trips, but also for some moto trips and for Easter Jeep Safari. I sold my last Jeep in 2013 (YJ) but my dad, brother, and uncles all have Jeeps. I've hesitated for years on buying a JK, but when the Gladiator was announced I knew it was perfect for my needs. I love being able to put the bikes in the bed. The "need" was amplified when I started dirt biking.

I purchased towards the end of September and ordered the lift, wheels and tires the next day.My truck is a sting gray sport S with the 8.4 display and Alpine stereo. I was really searching for a max tow, but the price I worked out on this truck was too good to turn down. It also arrived on the dealer lot the same day I purchased, so there were no dealer add ons. It was probably one of the last 2020s they received.

My build is currently at this stage:

- RockJock lift kit with all new control arms and track bars, with 3 inch lift springs up front and 1 inch springs in the back. These are from Rubicon height so the actual lift was 4 inches in the front and 2 in the rear. Fox 2.0 shocks and front Anti-rock sway bar as well.

- Fifteen 52 wheels and Toyo Open Country R/T 37x13.5 inch tires.

- OEM Rubicon take-off rock rails

I will be regearing to 4.88 and installing ARB lockers front and rear after Thanksgiving. I plan to wire everything to the aux. switches to keep everything very stealth.

Here is how it looked on day 1:

4C26A30C-E625-4540-94E8-B3AD9D1E0642.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
kgc

kgc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Lift goodies:

2F2582FE-BD89-4DA2-81CE-D9ABD3445585.jpeg

ABB271E9-124B-4D06-AAB7-FD0A8B8F3867.jpeg

27C05510-7898-4AAA-BE8F-2EC392A7D77E.jpeg

415B1912-755D-4BD8-A1FE-E21442EED41A.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
kgc

kgc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Hows the antirock on the highway?
The only time it's nerve-wracking is if you really push the throttle through a turn, such as a left hand turn in an intersection. On the highway it's great. I had to make a last second swerve to avoid some road debris last night and thought that there would be a lot more body roll than there actually was.

OP
OP
kgc

kgc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Thank you! I love it - it drives great. I haven't been on any trails yet that require a ton of articulation - but it has handled great so far, both on road and on trails where 4x4 was required. I've also had two dirt bikes in the bed (about 500 pounds?) and there was not an overwhelming amount of sag and the truck still drove great, which was one of my main concerns. Everytime I drive it I'm blown away by how well it drives (for a Jeep!) and

I really debated going with the Mopar 2" lift vs the Rock Jock, for $$$ sake, but in the end I knew I would regret not having the high-performance joints on the control arms.

The suspension responds remarkably well and feels very planted at at speed. I'm very impressed with both the RockJock kit and the Fox 2.0 shocks.

Quirks- the suspension is a bit noisier than stock. I keep wondering if I have a loose control arm or track bar in the back - but I've checked and they've stayed tight.

When I ordered the lift, RockJock was offering springs with 2/3/4" lift height in the front and 1/2/3" in the rear. They did send me pictures of each combination and I chose what I liked best - although sometimes I wonder if I should have done 4"/2". These trucks are a lot longer than Wranglers!
Sponsored