First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Yea, I created my account back before the pandemic. I decided to hold off on that purchase until things cleared up. Probably could have gotten a good 7% under invoice, but I didn't want to take that gamble.

My first jeep personally, but my parents have a nice JK Rubicon , and I grew up riding around in my dad's CJ5. My parents also used to have a 92 XJ, which probably had the best seats I have ever sat in.

I'll have to adjust my wheeling style as I think my line selection with a Solid Axle will be different than what I would normally take in my IFS Tacoma.
There's a small group of us all from this forum that have taken trips together. A couple from UT. We have talked about doing a couple trips per year. One likely to Moab each year. We just did one back in October. As we get planning our next trip, I'll introduce you to the group. Maybe you can join us on our next adventure.
Sponsored

Concentric_Killa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Rubi JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mech Engineer
There's a small group of us all from this forum that have taken trips together. A couple from UT. We have talked about doing a couple trips per year. One likely to Moab each year. We just did one back in October. As we get planning our next trip, I'll introduce you to the group. Maybe you can join us on our next adventure.
Awesome. I think the first weekend after my wife and I receive our JT, we will head to moab for a day/ weekend trip. I am hoping for mid January as a delivery date. We might have to hotel it if it is 30° out. We do plan on eventually getting a GFC for the JT.

It is just my wife and two doggos.

We wheel easy to hard trails in my tacoma. I don't mind hard trails as long as they arent on cliff edges.

I plan on getting an Artec full belly skid, the goose gear back seat delete, and a mount for my ARB dual compressor before I receive our Gladiator.

Mbryson

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Rubicon diesel
Occupation
IT Manager
I'm in Bountiful. Just saw this post with the recent updates.

Was just in Sand Hollow last week for my JT 3rd and 4th trail days.
Jeep Gladiator Greetings from Utah! 20221104_110816

I bought this as it sits (mostly -- I've added air compressor and radios) in early September and like it quite a bit. I've put almost 5k miles on it in 2.5 months. It's the diesel and gets about 19mpg in my driving

More details and my "humor" on my home bulletin board
https://www.rme4x4.com/threads/marc-bryson-lazy-build-jt-gladiator-rubicon.119880/

Concentric_Killa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Rubi JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I'm in Bountiful. Just saw this post with the recent updates.

Was just in Sand Hollow last week for my JT 3rd and 4th trail days.
Jeep Gladiator Greetings from Utah! 20221104_110816

I bought this as it sits (mostly -- I've added air compressor and radios) in early September and like it quite a bit. I've put almost 5k miles on it in 2.5 months. It's the diesel and gets about 19mpg in my driving

More details and my "humor" on my home bulletin board
https://www.rme4x4.com/threads/marc-bryson-lazy-build-jt-gladiator-rubicon.119880/
Nice,
The diesels are funny when you hear them on the trail. They sound like tractors.

This forum is already more welcoming than Tacoma world. I created a shit storm when I said that I will be selling my taco next month. Some members asked what I would be replacing it with and then all hell broke loose.

One member tried telling me how crap his Mojave was. But he ended up supercharging it and was the cause of his own problems... Other members hate the word Jeep. It's like saying Beetlejuice. Haha

Concentric_Killa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Rubi JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Been following my build tracker. Looks like my JT was built yesterday. The estimated delivery date is 1/10/2023. I ordered from LHM in Sandy on 11/09. I assume the truck will just sit back east until enough gladiators can be loaded onto the Rails and sent to SLC?

Sponsored

Mbryson

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Finally got my order the other day! I like all the creature comforts that this offers over my Tacoma.

Time to install some misc parts that I ordered ahead of time.

Jeep Gladiator Greetings from Utah! IMG_20221228_153454_308

Merry Christmas to you :D

Congrats!

Concentric_Killa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Rubi JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Been on some various wheelin trips over the past month. Definitely like this rig so far.

Went down to moab the first week I got it. Tried to do top of the world, but the first major ledge was completely covered in ice and didn't want to attempt without having my full belly skid.

Went down capitol reef last weekend and did that cathedral loop and muddy creek out of hanksville. Challenging part were the snow/ ice covered switchbacks in the middle of the trail. I just stuck it in 4lo with the rear locker and 2nd gear and let the engine do the braking.

Definitely a different experience with just the wife and doggos, and no one else around. We brought food/water/ camping gear in case we got stuck. We also have our satellite communicator.

Jeep Gladiator Greetings from Utah! PXL_20230218_182123517

Jeep Gladiator Greetings from Utah! PXL_20230218_180034492

Jeep Gladiator Greetings from Utah! PXL_20230106_232746033

Jeep Gladiator Greetings from Utah! PXL_20230107_201109430

Concentric_Killa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Rubi JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Anyone want some Teraflex Unita Rails? I had them on the truck for about a month and then got the GFC topper. I cannot use these with my GFC and I am going a different route for bed tie-downs.

Jeep Gladiator Greetings from Utah! PXL_20230403_222441978

Bedrails, hardware, and the highlift mounts $300. I am in Salt Lake.

Mbryson

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
I'm interested and can pick them up sometime this week. When are you available? I'm coming from Bountiful

Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Wife & I relocated from WA to UT. We're still getting settled in our new house (got the keys on 8/9) so it'll be a while until we get out and explore.

I have to swap out our RTT; got a new Tepui Basin to replace the Tepui Autana 3 (we wanted quicker setup).

Mbryson

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Wife & I relocated from WA to UT. We're still getting settled in our new house (got the keys on 8/9) so it'll be a while until we get out and explore.

I have to swap out our RTT; got a new Tepui Basin to replace the Tepui Autana 3 (we wanted quicker setup).
Welcome to Utah!
Where did you end buying at?

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.