First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Creating this to share my build. I had built up a '18 JLU and didn't' do this and regretted it so here goes. Reason for the upgrade is my family bought a RV/Travel Trailer and I needed something that could tow it but wasn't willing to give up the Jeep lifestyle of no doors, tops in the summer as well as some offroading/wheeling on the weekends.

Starting with a 2021 Gladiator Rubicon in Sting Gray that I was fortunate enough to find on a local lot that had ALMOST everything I wanted for options:

• Trail Camera
  • Steel Front Bumper
  • Body Color Fenders
  • Body Color Hard Top
  • Leather
  • Alpine Premium Sound with 8.4 display
  • All Weather Mats
  • Remote Keyless Entry
  • Premium LED
  • Active Safety
  • Trailer Tow Package
  • 4:1 Rock-Trac Full Time 4WD

Only other options I wanted was the auxiliary switches and trail rail system (for plug in bed and lockable storage).

Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior IMG_0477
Sponsored

DBoogieC

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR, 18 JKU
Build Thread
Link
DMB reference? Love the sting grey, was between it and Gator.

OP
OP
robd1438

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
First set of upgrades that have already happened but I'm catching up here :)

As with ANY Jeep the first thing in my mind that needs to change is the antenna
Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior IMG_0572.JPG

As mentioned, this didn't have the auxiliary switch so had the dealer install them as well as the Mopar Brake Controller

Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior IMG_0679.JPG

Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior IMG_0680.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
robd1438

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Next up came the bed; installed the trail rail system and the Mopar soft tri-fold tonneau cover. This was a bit challenging due to the bed spray impeding screw holes and the rivet tool needed for the front of the bed. Had to buy a tool for that and a thread chaser to get the bed rail screws in. Also, the trail rails came short two bolts so had to order those.

Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior IMG_0597.JPG

Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior IMG_0599.JPG

Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior IMG_0591.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
robd1438

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Trying to get caught up on this build journal with all the work I've done to date so next up was the Maximus-3 stealth front plate mount and Maximus-3 SLP hoop. I had both on myJLU and loved the look so had to get new ones for Grey Street. Highly recommend both products; very well built, ship fast and well protected.

Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior IMG_0605.JPG

Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior IMG_0611.JPG

OP
OP
robd1438

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Next up came the with a focus on the interior. This was reinstalling my 67d rail system with phone mount, dashcam mount and GoPro mount. Highly recommend this one too. Some grab handles from amazon, the mopar sill guards and the quadratec dead pedal. I had a no name dead pedal on my JLU that was a PITA to install. The quadratec one was SO easy, bit more expensive then the knockoffs but worth it.

Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior IMG_0655.JPG
Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior IMG_0662.JPG
Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior IMG_0664.JPG

Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior IMG_0660.JPG
Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior IMG_0670.JPG

OP
OP
robd1438

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Alright this is the last one that I just finished the other day. Found this idea on some videos and pictures and made a bed bar/separator so groceries and what not don't move to the front of the bed. Got a 2x6 (decent quality) from Home Depot, cut it to 57.5". Painted it and then used some Gorilla Wood Glue to put some felt on the sides and bottom for protection. Added a handle and some stickers and boom, bed bar :)

Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior IMG_0675.JPG

OP
OP
robd1438

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
This post is for the main upgrades; other posts will follow with smaller ones.

3/11/2021
Got the following installed and LOVING it.
- Clayton 3.5" Overland Plus Lift with Fox Shocks
- Fuel Ammo D701 Wheels (Anthracite color)
- 37" Tires Falken AT3/W
- Fox Steering Stabilizer
- AFE Apollo GT High Tuck Exhaust
- Adam's 1350 Front/Rear Drive Shafts
- Yukon 5.13 Gears

More pics to come

Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior IMG_0983.JPG

Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior IMG_0984.JPG

2/20/2021
Installed Rusty's Winch Plate and Rugged Ridge Trekker S12.5 over the weekend. Used this same plate on my JLU. This one was a little easier to get between the supports and installed easy. After taking out the temporary bolts it shifted a tad and had to drill out one of the holes but then the bumper went on easy. Was SUPER hard to get the inner, passenger side lower bolt fully torqued but eventually got it.

Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior JPEG image 4

Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior JPEG image 7

Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior JPEG image 8

Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior JPEG image 9

Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior JPEG image 11

Last edited:

Sponsored

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
That bed bar is the first thing I do to every truck I own. It's just too handy.

Dwayne

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Helicopter Pilot
Next up came the bed; installed the trail rail system and the Mopar soft tri-fold tonneau cover. This was a bit challenging due to the bed spray impeding screw holes and the rivet tool needed for the front of the bed. Had to buy a tool for that and a thread chaser to get the bed rail screws in. Also, the trail rails came short two bolts so had to order those.

Jeep Gladiator GREY STREET Build - '21 Gladiator Rubicon, DD and Part Time Weekend Warrior JPEG image 11

Dwayne

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Helicopter Pilot
What size are threads for the trail rail? I want to clean out the mine due to the spray-in liner, but not sure what size. Looks like an M6 or M8?