Hail Damage

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
So last night had a hail storm and I got a couple of dents in my hood. Couple of chunks that I saw were almost golf ball sized. There are about 5 dents in the hood. Anyone been successful in removing those types of dents?
Sponsored

Koolcarguy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro blue Jt 2012 Gecko green Jk 2021 Gecko
Occupation
Car dealer
So last night had a hail storm and I got a couple of dents in my hood. Couple of chunks that I saw were almost golf ball sized. There are about 5 dents in the hood. Anyone been successful in removing those types of dents?
[/QUOTwe get alot of hail here in Southern Wyoming local shops won't touch the hoods since they're aluminum? Not sure if that everyone or the locals here.

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
What vehicle? your profile shows a Ram 1500.. If this is correct, it should have Steel hood and Paintless Dent repair should be capable of repair.. Had a baseball dent the hood of our JKU 8 years ago and it has a steel hood, the paintless dent repair was $100 .. still cannot find where the dent was. Get with a local body shop and get the paintless dent repair guy to inspect.. Comprehensive Insurance should cover.

OP
OP

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
Sold the Ram to buy the Gladiator. Need to update my profile didn't realize I still had that in there šŸ˜²

Sponsored

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
A good PDR shop can take it out, and youā€™ll never know it was there. Steel panels are a lot easier than aluminium. I did PDR for the U.S. BMW factory for the last 10 years before I retired. Just make sure to check out anyone/place you may consider. Thereā€™s a lot of people watching YouTube videos and buying cheap tools off of Amazon, thinking itā€™s easy. If you were closer, Iā€™d take a look at it. I have a basic set of the same tools we used at the plant, and do the odd job here and there.

Idlethunder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
This was the only recent thread I could find talking about hail and paintless dent repair. Did you go with the paintless repair? How did your hood turn out? Do you happen to have any before and after pictures?

Late Saturday night we had a rough storm come thru southeastern Oklahoma that got mine with hail almost the size of tennis balls. As large as the hail was, the Jeep held up well but the hood is beaten up and the windshield broken. It also got the passenger side a little and the tailgate but not too badly. I'm fairly sure my insurance will want paintless but it isn't something I've ever had done before.

Hail 1.jpg

IMG_9490.jpg

OP
OP

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
This was the only recent thread I could find talking about hail and paintless dent repair. Did you go with the paintless repair? How did your hood turn out? Do you happen to have any before and after pictures?

Late Saturday night we had a rough storm come thru southeastern Oklahoma that got mine with hail almost the size of tennis balls. As large as the hail was, the Jeep held up well but the hood is beaten up and the windshield broken. It also got the passenger side a little and the tailgate but not too badly. I'm fairly sure my insurance will want paintless but it isn't something I've ever had done before.

Jeep Gladiator Hail Damage IMG_9490

Jeep Gladiator Hail Damage IMG_9490
unfortunately no I haven't looked into it yet.

Idlethunder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Thank you for the quick reply. Iā€™ve started a claim but havenā€™t had an adjuster look at it yet. I can live with a couple small dents on the side and the rear but will have to fix the hood. The windshield bothers me more than the dents. After being cracked for 9 months I finally had it I replaced a few weeks ago
Sponsored