Halo headlights not on in Australia

Maximus the gladiator

First Name
Davie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Launch edition
So just picked up my new gladiator launch in firecracker red love it so cool. As most ave mentioned the exported version has the lower gender guards disappointing smaller tyres no biggie as I have other wheels and tyres. But the biggest disappointment is the halo on the led headlights isn’t on and doesn’t seem like it can be. It looks like the actual halo is built into the headlight but...... ‍♂ This seems like a stupid thing to not have many other cars have them. Very disappointed on the halo. Anybody know more and can they be wired up? Is the actual led halo there just not wired?

thanks everyone
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
So just picked up my new gladiator launch in firecracker red love it so cool. As most ave mentioned the exported version has the lower gender guards disappointing smaller tyres no biggie as I have other wheels and tyres. But the biggest disappointment is the halo on the led headlights isn’t on and doesn’t seem like it can be. It looks like the actual halo is built into the headlight but...... ‍♂ This seems like a stupid thing to not have many other cars have them. Very disappointed on the halo. Anybody know more and can they be wired up? Is the actual led halo there just not wired?

thanks everyone
Are you sure yours has the LED package? the base option is actually halogen bulbs without the halo.

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Not sure if Aussie version is same but try looking in the uconnect setting under lighting. Ours has an option to turn the DRL (daytime running lights) on/off. Believe they need to be set on for the halos to illuminate.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Maximus the gladiator

Maximus the gladiator

First Name
Davie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if Aussie version is same but try looking in the uconnect setting under lighting. Ours has an option to turn the DRL (daytime running lights) on/off. Believe they need to be set on for the halos to illuminate.
Yeah apparently no halo on the exported versions even too spec

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Thats interesting the lights are that different of a spec in AUS. Then again the halogen ones here are so bad they shouldn't be legal.

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
You guys also don’t get the high rise front fenders...are the tyres not 33”?

CE2F1F90-D8C6-4DC2-ACBF-664C47935D78.png

OP
OP
Maximus the gladiator

Maximus the gladiator

First Name
Davie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
I’ve still put 35” tyres on with no lift and they fit no scrub street driving. 2.5” leveling kit goes in tomorrow before the dirt.
Would you mind posting before and after pic from various angles please. I have to say I like the general shape of the Aussie fenders around the lights. I especially like the flare off the side and the sunken look of the light.
Sponsored