Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Truck cleaned, gassed up, my wife's sewing/quilting stuff already loaded, a couple of things I'm going to try to sell are loaded. In the EARLY AM (about 4:30) we pack the food and coolers, final stuff and hit the road.
Will be the second "long" trip for the JT. The first was a year ago February when we went to Fort Wayne.
I was so used to loading up the Silverado I found I had to get a lot more creative to get less stuff in the JT but I think it's going to be fine.
Besides the big AMO event Thursday-Saturday, we hope to hit Pike's Peak (which I see you can't just drive to the top of??) and maybe some shopping for her. She's a Christmas nut so you can guess what we're likely to hit on the way to Pike's Peak.
I'll have to be careful to not buy too much stuff at the swap meet- with all of our stuff already in the truck there's not going to be room for large car parts. Maybe that's a good thing...........

Will likely be off-line much of the week. We'll be on the road 12 hours just to get there (then there's gas and food stops)
Sponsored

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant
When we went to the top, started getting headaches and didn't stay a long time.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Gotta take it easy if you're not acclimated. Takes a few weeks at altitude to get back to normal. Walk slow, take breaks on stairs, etc. The earth ain't flat; altitude is very real. ~3% decrease in air (and oxygen) density per thousand feet above sea level means you're operating at a severe disadvantage once you get to 14K'.

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Will likely be off-line much of the week. We'll be on the road 12 hours just to get there (then there's gas and food stops)
Thanks for letting us know so we don't have to start another thread wondering where you went. :) Have a good trip!

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
Drive safe...bring sunscreen and be ready for the altitude difference. Stay hydrated. Check out Garden of the Gods if you get a chance.
Sponsored