Help identifying accessory in bed of Gladiator

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
I love the posts where someone makes the mistake of saying how much they paid for their truck and get dog piled.
Sponsored

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I've always bought used, typically 2-4 years old. It still looks new but you can save a fair amount.

When I went to buy my Jeep, I found 2 things.
1) Used Gladiators didn't seem much less money that new sourced from Gupton.
2) None of them were equipped the way I wanted. Most importantly none had SelecTrack full time 4wd.

So I bought new, for the second time in my 50+ year life.
When I bought my 2015 JKU, I found that a used one with 30-50k miles was only $2-3k less. With a higher interest rate, it was cheaper to buy new. Some things never change. These things really hold their value and I've been right side up on my loan within a year of purchase on the aforementioned Jeep and my JT.

Chanwmr

First Name
Wai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
This will be my second ever new car purchase. At 60 years of age. First was a 2000 F-150.
Always been kinda budget conscious.
Guess that’s all out the door with a Gladiator!
That was exactly me as well. Last new/near-new car was back in the early 2000 before the JT. And, I have just turned 60.

This is very likely my last splurge for a vehicle. The way I see it is: even though it may be more wise financially to hold off, this is my last chance to enjoy this truck as what it is. In 10 years, even climbing onto this Ruby will be a struggle.

Last edited: