Help me get a rack for my new gladiator

Nigelcorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willy's Ecodiesel
Hey everyone, I'm new here. I picked up a new Gladiator last week, kind of a sour of the moment kind of thing. It came with a tonneau cover that I really like, so I'm trying to find a rack that'll work with this system to mount a rooftop tent, something along the ikamper mini style.

Here is a shot if the top rails that look to me like they are part of the tonneau system.

Jeep Gladiator Help me get a rack for my new gladiator PXL_20211019_230722061

And one with the tonneau rolled up:
Jeep Gladiator Help me get a rack for my new gladiator PXL_20211019_230735263

I would love to be a me to keep the tonneau to have somewhere relatively protected from the elements to keep camping gear in, and the ability to roll it up even with the rack on would be great.

I have found this rack system by frontrunner that looks like it might work with the system I have, but I'm hoping somebody can double check and let me know if I'm missing something obvious.

This is the rack.

Jeep Gladiator Help me get a rack for my new gladiator Screenshot_20211019-193617

I'm hoping that this with a load bar pair would work for a tent. What do you all think? Thanks for the help with the new guy questions, and here is a pic of my Jeep a couple days after I bought it, just because I love it.

Jeep Gladiator Help me get a rack for my new gladiator PXL_20211017_203236448.MP
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
That cover is a BAKFlip Revolver X4S, it's too dark for me to go out and measure, but if you check your slots and see if they are about 5/8" wide then those T-bolts will work.

If you use those bases plus legs and a rack right on them, I don't think there will be enough room to roll the cover all the way to the front.

microboby

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon , TJ Rubicom , Tesla X
I believe Yakima will work , they have some accessory that helps the use of your cover . Now once cover is closed if you choose a half height rack there is a huge waste of space . If you go for full height the RTT will be higher than the roofline causing a huge effect on cross winds and affecting mpg’s

I have the Yakima with all attachments and looks great , like it way better than all the offroad small factory quality

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I did some measuring. The slots on the tonneau are 7/8" inside to inside. The top slot is 3/8" inside to inside.
The T-bolts in the kit come with a 12mm or a 14mm base.

If the T-bolt is centered in the track, the 12mm would give you a smidge less than 3/32" shoulder on each side to apply a clamping force.
The 14mm would give you a smidge less than 1/8" on each side.
Sponsored