Sponsored

Help me survive a trip out west

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
One way to ruin a trip is to turn it into an epic always moving go go go go go hit everything possible grueling conquest checklist thing. Just accept you won't see it all and relax and spend time just staring at the stars or crashing at a restaurant.

A Rand McNally road atlas puts little green dots next to scenic roads on the map. This can make the drive to and from the region more interesting. The interstate is faster, but the scenic roads are much more fun.

There are places in the mountains where you had better keep your eyes on the road. When the entire family is saying "look look!" and you are next to a cliff drop off, don't look at the scenery.

And believe it when the curve warning sign says "15 MPH'.
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I hate staying at altitudes over 6'000 feet. It is draining until I adjust. You need to drink extra water, eat more, sleep more, do less. There's a lake we love going to that's at 7,200' but we stay at the town lower down the hill, around 4-5'000.

Really limit the alcohol if you're going to bet at a considerable altitude.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
One way to ruin a trip is to turn it into an epic always moving go go go go go hit everything possible grueling conquest checklist thing. Just accept you won't see it all and relax and spend time just staring at the stars or crashing at a restaurant.

A Rand McNally road atlas puts little green dots next to scenic roads on the map. This can make the drive to and from the region more interesting. The interstate is faster, but the scenic roads are much more fun.

There are places in the mountains where you had better keep your eyes on the road. When the entire family is saying "look look!" and you are next to a cliff drop off, don't look at the scenery.

And believe it when the curve warning sign says "15 MPH'.
most of the day will be driving leapfrogging place to place, find an epic spot for camp we'll call it for the day. Seeing what is around the next bend is our style. But yeah I def want to keep my eyes on the road, ive seen some switchback videos! O_O

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I hate staying at altitudes over 6'000 feet. It is draining until I adjust. You need to drink extra water, eat more, sleep more, do less. There's a lake we love going to that's at 7,200' but we stay at the town lower down the hill, around 4-5'000.

Really limit the alcohol if you're going to bet at a considerable altitude.
I dont drink so. I dont expect us to do much in the way of seeking altitudes but i figure if our path goes through Colorado then its par for the course.

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My sinuses got extremely dry. My wife and I used Vix inhalers and moisturizing sprays to help out. She also got some altitude sickness in CO, pack some meds.
We paid $90/night at KOA for tent site with no water or electric, a bit high IMO. There are campsites everywhere, most are free and the state ones are $20/night

Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Pick up these two books.

IMG_7362.jpeg

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
IDK what Colorado is like but we were at that lake at 7200 feet 2 weekends ago in CA and it was still basically fully frozen ove.

June 16
Jeep Gladiator Help me survive a trip out west 1688427126215
Sponsored