Personally I would stay away from deep cycle lead acid batteries. The goal zero or jackery have a been proven and should last longer with less burn down. Meaning you can run them for a longer time to zero% it r close to it. Then charge them without any damage to it. From what I've read.ok lets say i just scrap the jackery/goal zero I would just use duralast or similar deep cycle battery, right?
true but how can I charge it inside my trailer? Id buy either of the ones listed so far if I knew. I think it would basically remove the redarc type setup from the equation since either jackery or goal zero are plug and play charging wise. I presume id have to put the trailer power into an inverter ?Personally I would stay away from deep cycle lead acid batteries. The goal zero or jackery have a been proven and should last longer with less burn down. Meaning you can run them for a longer time to zero% it r close to it. Then charge them without any damage to it. From what I've read.
Charge via solar going down the road?true but how can I charge it inside my trailer? Id buy either of the ones listed so far if I knew. I think it would basically remove the redarc type setup from the equation since either jackery or goal zero are plug and play charging wise. I presume id have to put the trailer power into an inverter ?
What are you trying to charge while going down the road? That'll help me answer.true but how can I charge it inside my trailer? Id buy either of the ones listed so far if I knew. I think it would basically remove the redarc type setup from the equation since either jackery or goal zero are plug and play charging wise. I presume id have to put the trailer power into an inverter ?
No no no lolCharge via solar going down the road?
Mostly just a fridge, at least that's all I can think of at the moment.What are you trying to charge while going down the road? That'll help me answer.
Nice. Replace the batteries if capable to a lithium iron phosphate battery or just lithium. Way lighter. You should be able to charge from a 12vdc source.Ok so I got that goal zero for $750.
Worst case the batteries are toast from sitting for years (it was completely sealed in box still). Going to charge it up now. Heavy!
Yeah I'm looking into replacement options but we'll see what happens. Takes a while to charge and it says charge 100% before use.No
Nice. Replace the batteries if capable to a lithium iron phosphate battery or just lithium. Way lighter. You should be able to charge from a 12vdc source.
Keep us informed!Yeah I'm looking into replacement options but we'll see what happens. Takes a while to charge and it says charge 100% before use.
Sure will. Next move is to figure out some other wiring, like a switch panel.Keep us informed!