First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
would the redarc type units still work with the goal zero im thinking about?
I'm not sure but reading the Q&A on Amazon. Someone had a xantrax controller. Not sure if they are the same or similar. Wish I knew more about that.
Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
ok lets say i just scrap the jackery/goal zero I would just use duralast or similar deep cycle battery, right?
Personally I would stay away from deep cycle lead acid batteries. The goal zero or jackery have a been proven and should last longer with less burn down. Meaning you can run them for a longer time to zero% it r close to it. Then charge them without any damage to it. From what I've read.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Personally I would stay away from deep cycle lead acid batteries. The goal zero or jackery have a been proven and should last longer with less burn down. Meaning you can run them for a longer time to zero% it r close to it. Then charge them without any damage to it. From what I've read.
true but how can I charge it inside my trailer? Id buy either of the ones listed so far if I knew. I think it would basically remove the redarc type setup from the equation since either jackery or goal zero are plug and play charging wise. I presume id have to put the trailer power into an inverter ?

Sponsored

NHyde

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Manager
I've caught up on the thread, I think.

@Berserker556 - Sounds like you
  1. Solved your sleeping situation (RTT)
  2. Need power solution
  3. Need solar solution
  4. Need fridge solution
  5. Need a hot water solution
  6. Need a dog sleeping solution

For Power & Solar, I am a big fan of the Rockpals system because of how fast it charges via Solar. It will spend energy faster since it isn't regulated like Jackery, but it charges significantly faster.

For Fridge, I am using an Alpicool w/ LG Compressor, works great, zero complaints.

Hot water? No idea, my family realizes we're camping/Overlanding and we live without it.

Dog solution; We use a foldable dog kennel, the dog either sleeps in there or with us in the RTT.

Good luck out there.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
true but how can I charge it inside my trailer? Id buy either of the ones listed so far if I knew. I think it would basically remove the redarc type setup from the equation since either jackery or goal zero are plug and play charging wise. I presume id have to put the trailer power into an inverter ?
Charge via solar going down the road?

NHyde

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Manager
What are you trying to charge while going down the road? That'll help me answer.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Charge via solar going down the road?
No no no lol
I want to put this in my offroad trailer. I want it to run my fridge while getting power from the truck while driving. Solar would just be when camp is set.

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
No
Ok so I got that goal zero for $750.
Worst case the batteries are toast from sitting for years (it was completely sealed in box still). Going to charge it up now. Heavy!
Nice. Replace the batteries if capable to a lithium iron phosphate battery or just lithium. Way lighter. You should be able to charge from a 12vdc source.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
No

Nice. Replace the batteries if capable to a lithium iron phosphate battery or just lithium. Way lighter. You should be able to charge from a 12vdc source.
Yeah I'm looking into replacement options but we'll see what happens. Takes a while to charge and it says charge 100% before use.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Yeah I'm looking into replacement options but we'll see what happens. Takes a while to charge and it says charge 100% before use.
Keep us informed!