First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Mojave, 1941 Willys
Occupation
Ford and Jeep warranty claim analyst.
NIce looking set up. I am curious if you will be fabricating some fenders for the trailer? Those tires look like they would love flinging stuff everywhere.;)

Hank
Sponsored

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
NIce looking set up. I am curious if you will be fabricating some fenders for the trailer? Those tires look like they would love flinging stuff everywhere.;)

Hank
I can't fabricate to save my life (rigging stuff I can do lol)but I thought about finding some sort of fender flares and some mud flaps for it... somehow...

Hank_

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Mojave, 1941 Willys
Occupation
Ford and Jeep warranty claim analyst.
I can't fabricate to save my life (rigging stuff I can do lol)but I thought about finding some sort of fender flares and some mud flaps for it... somehow...
Around here stores like Tractor Supply or Blains has fenders for trailers you can buy. I bet a local fab shop would not charge much to make some good solid ones. Then you could use them to set stuff on or mount things too.

Hank

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Around here stores like Tractor Supply or Blains has fenders for trailers you can buy. I bet a local fab shop would not charge much to make some good solid ones. Then you could use them to set stuff on or mount things too.

Hank
I was thinking about going more of a jeep/flat fender look somehow. Im not sure which way I want to go.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I know enough about wiring to be dangerous but I do like to plan things out. Here is a crude mspaint of what I imagine the wiring would look like in my head. I know i need inline fuses in here somewhere and I am not sure what gauge wire for this stuff. Like I said layout planning. (you might have to click to see the text) Im certain I am missing something.
Jeep Gladiator Help me get setup: Updates! wiring basic

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Also, I have a line on a goal zero yeti 1250 with 2 solar panels, nib for $850.
Amazon link
Should I jump on that?
Clicked on your Amazon link. Currently unavailable. Did you end up getting one of those? Didn't see a switch going to the air conditioning? :giggle:

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Clicked on your Amazon link. Currently unavailable. Did you end up getting one of those? Didn't see a switch going to the air conditioning? :giggle:
I put the link for reference I was buying face to face from someone. I didnt buy it because im just unsure.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
my thoughts about the solar generator is 2 solar panels and the unit itself seems cheaper than just two deep cycle batteries and an inverter alone with the benefit of using it around the house/emergency. But I dunno maybe its junk.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
I put the link for reference I was buying face to face from someone. I didnt buy it because im just unsure.
Ahhh gotcha. I'm sure it's to late but considering the 500X is 700$ and you were getting twice that with panels. Should've pulled the trigger. IMO

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
my thoughts about the solar generator is 2 solar panels and the unit itself seems cheaper than just two deep cycle batteries and an inverter alone with the benefit of using it around the house/emergency. But I dunno maybe its junk.
Also check what kind of batteries are in it. Lead acid, lithium batteries are they replaceable if they do go out? Gotta be super heavy
Jeep Gladiator Help me get setup: Updates! Screenshot_20210621-094108

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Ahhh gotcha. I'm sure it's to late but considering the 500X is 700$ and you were getting twice that with panels. Should've pulled the trigger. IMO
well i still can im nearly certain lol
Also check what kind of batteries are in it. Lead acid, lithium batteries are they replaceable if they do go out? Gotta be super heavy
Jeep Gladiator Help me get setup: Updates! Screenshot_20210621-094108
they are replaceable, it is heavy but I dont really care too much. I mean what battery setup wont be? I think this is 100lbs on a roller cart though lol

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
well i still can im nearly certain lol

they are replaceable, it is heavy but I dont really care too much. I mean what battery setup wont be? I think this is 100lbs on a roller cart though lol
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P42QKWK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_047TR12RY25PGJNDKP5R
Just a comparison. Probably lighter. Less power should handle most everything. Can get two of the same setups and be at almost the same power for a bit more money. Amazon has prime deals today. This not being one.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P42QKWK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_047TR12RY25PGJNDKP5R
Just a comparison. Probably lighter. Less power should handle most everything. Can get two of the same setups and be at almost the same power for a bit more money. Amazon has prime deals today. This not being one.
hhmmm i like that and Id really like to get the electrical laid out and be able to piggy back onto it later. still use a redarc setup to charge while on the go? (want to have it in the trailer not the bed of truck while driving)
Sponsored