OP

skaterriley

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I've done some work up in ft St John and prince George area years ago, it's probably the coldest I've ever had to work in outside lol.
Oh yea super cold up there. But I have a new issue. One light turns off after about 30 seconds. Then if you turn them off the back on. It works again, for like 30 seconds
Sponsored

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
Just the one light?

I'd probably check and make sure all your connections are solid.

I will say that with the Baja harness you have an extra switch, relay and fuse you don't need so there is a lot that could be an issue.

If you aren't comfortable cutting up the Baja harness though it's probably better to leave it alone.

OP
OP

skaterriley

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just the one light?

I'd probably check and make sure all your connections are solid.

I will say that with the Baja harness you have an extra switch, relay and fuse you don't need so there is a lot that could be an issue.

If you aren't comfortable cutting up the Baja harness though it's probably better to leave it alone.
I think it’s a Jeep safety feature. When I was driving none of them turned off. But when it was sitting running one turned off. Guessing it’s a power saving thing

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
That is strange. Aren't they both running off the same Aux 3 switch?

The jeep couldn't shut off only one, it would have to be both. It almost seems like it's a voltage issue idling and the lights have some smarts or voltage sensing built in.

OP
OP

skaterriley

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is strange. Aren't they both running off the same Aux 3 switch?

The jeep couldn't shut off only one, it would have to be both. It almost seems like it's a voltage issue idling and the lights have some smarts or voltage sensing built in.
Yea they are. Is it something I should be worried about. Or should i ignore it? Cause it runs fine while driving. Just while idling it turned off the left one.

Sponsored

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
Yea they are. Is it something I should be worried about. Or should i ignore it? Cause it runs fine while driving. Just while idling it turned off the left one.
I'd say at this point I'd call Baja tech support and see what they say. Outside of a loose connection or bad ground, which doesn't seem likely it really seems to me that the light itself is shutting itself down for some reason.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I just did something similar on my JT. The Harbor Freight wiring harness was very similar. I cut out all the relay, switch, etc and then rewired everything back together just using the plugs for the lights and then the ground ring and red wire to the Aux Switch. All seems to be working fine connected and running on aux 3 switch.

OP
OP

skaterriley

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd say at this point I'd call Baja tech support and see what they say. Outside of a loose connection or bad ground, which doesn't seem likely it really seems to me that the light itself is shutting itself down for some reason.
Okay sounds good. I’ll keep you posted. Maybe call them later today

OP
OP

skaterriley

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just did something similar on my JT. The Harbor Freight wiring harness was very similar. I cut out all the relay, switch, etc and then rewired everything back together just using the plugs for the lights and then the ground ring and red wire to the Aux Switch. All seems to be working fine connected and running on aux 3 switch.
Hmm. Maybe I’ll see what Baja says but I am gonna rewire it all in the spring when it warms up because it’s a bit rough looking but it’s to darn cold out right now to do anything so I’m happy it’s just working at this point.

Reactions: BAT

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
Cool. I'll be curious to see what they say.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Hmm. Maybe I’ll see what Baja says but I am gonna rewire it all in the spring when it warms up because it’s a bit rough looking but it’s to darn cold out right now to do anything so I’m happy it’s just working at this point.
Yea don't like working in the cold. That Harbor Freight harness looked to be about 10' Long. I layed out things on the JT to see only what I needed. Then removed all the Relay, switch. Got some shrink wrap connectors from Home Depot along with some additional Marine shrink wrap covers. Spliced back in all the red and black wires, heat shrink covered them and then wrapped in some electrical tape. Like you had never done that stuff before so was taking a leap of faith and figured if I messed up I would just have to buy another wiring harness. Just take your time and it will all work out.
Sponsored