Sponsored

Hey guys, new to the forum, and LOVING the Gladiator!

First Name
Sylvester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Town and Country Touring
Occupation
Construction Associate for Carvana
Hey everyone, new to Jeeps and new to the forum. I’ll start off by saying I don’t own a Gladiator, but it will be the next car I purchase for MYSELF. I’m 33, wife and 5 kids (3 are with me everyday), I’m in the Detroit, MI area. I currently drive a 2005 Town and Country van. I’ve never bought a new car before. I’ve never driven a Jeep Wrangler or ridden in one before driving a Gladiator. When I first saw the Gladiator on the road this year I loved it right away. I’ve been browsing the forum for about 2 months now and love all of the content and amazing builds.

I do some traveling for work, usually in groups, but since COVID we’ve been doing more solo driving vs planes. Typically another coworker get the rental car so haven’t had a choice of car until now. Took a trip to Heath OH around 2 months ago, rented a Jeep because, hey why not! I thought it would be fun. When I go to pick up the rental, they only have a 2 door Wrangler (I was traveling with a 5ft ladder), and a brand new white Sport S Gladiator. I took the Gladiator. It looked really amazing! When I got inside, I fell in love. Automatic, basic screen and audio, power windows and locks, freedom hard top, 5000 miles on the dash. My wife actually really loved the truck as well, which was a bit of a surprise to me!

It was a little different on the road than I was used to, but I felt confident driving at highway speed. Sooo many looks and waves at the Jeep. I couldn’t stop looking at it myself. I had the Jeep for a week, so about 1000 or so miles later, I think I’ve picked my new car I’d like! I even stopped by the Jeep factory on my way home just to see all the Jeeps. Didn’t remove the tops which I regret, but weather wasn’t great that week, just hot lol. I did a bunch of looking into the Jeep and watched a ton of YouTube vids, saw some AMAZING trail videos and also ran across this forum and I’ve been browsing every day since.

Fast forward a month and I’m back out of town, this time to Charlotte. Rented a Jeep again. Eyed a Gladiator on the way in and noted the parking spot #. Similar situation again, 2 door Wrangler available, but they didn’t want to give the Gladiator when I asked unless I paid more. After about 10 minutes of searching for a unreserved 4 door Wrangler, they caved and let me take the Gladiator for the same price. Here I am walking up to a black (fav car color) Gladiator Rubicon, and I’m jumping up and down lol. Auto, full black leather inside, led lighting package, 8.4 Nav system, heated seats and wheel, remote start and proximity key, blind spot detection, spray in bed liner, freedom hard top, not painted, 699 miles on the dash. I thought I was in love the first time, but no, this is the one. I love the black inside, it doesn’t stand out as much inside as the white does, but I prefer as much black as possible inside a car. I got the car a day early so I could drive the entire next day to Charlotte, and when I pulled up on my grass lol, my wife saw the truck and she already knew.

This trip took me through many weather conditions, mountains and more, and I’ve never felt better in a vehicle driving. The view along the way was so beautiful! This is the longest solo road trip I’ve ever done. It got a little hard to see in the rain but still felt extremely planted on the road in really hard rain and wind. This one I feel rides a lot better than the Sport S, but I think I’m more so liking the bigger tires and taller more aggressive stance. This is the most amazing car I think I’ve driven that wasn’t a sports or luxury car. EVERY time I parked this car someone commented or started a conversation with me about it. Even more waves than before in the Rubicon. I’m really loving this Jeep.

I had this Jeep for a week as well, and tried out a few things. This was my first time driving a 4x4 outside of the Sport S a few weeks prior. The lockers turned the Jeep into a whole different vehicle. 4LO feels like I could roll over anything lol. I found as many questionable roads while in Charlotte (Concord) as I could and had much fun in the Gladiator! Stopped and stayed a night in Charleston WV on the trip home, such a beautiful area! Also stopped at the Jeep factory again! About 2000 miles or so later, I definitely didn’t want to return the Rubicon on due day. Many pics to share!

Here I am now trying to figure out how I can buy a new Gladiator lol. This forum has been sooooo helpful with information and there are so many amazing builds on the site. I await the day I can join you guys as Gladiator owners! Until then, Jeep rentals from here on out until I can call one my own! I definitely want to still try out a 4 door Wrangler Rubicon as well.

C779258A-9F63-42CD-9EA3-C247A9AC7B50.jpeg

1F51486B-22BD-4504-A61D-8731429C9B17.jpeg

A8E4A78E-7F36-4348-A5DF-577F823F6DE8.jpeg

A66DAA6F-26D4-4B13-B325-A8E1BDBAE124.jpeg

550E0B36-EF20-4FD3-8C2D-A29B6A0B4F3C.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Sylvester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hopefully you could join the ranks soon. I joined GF before my purchase.
Thanks! That’s my hope as well. Just the info here has been more than worth it.

OP
OP
First Name
Sylvester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks guys for all the thumbs up, here’s my Gladiator until I get a 1:1 lol, just got it in the mail today! It’s attached to a keychain.

Jeep Gladiator Hey guys, new to the forum, and LOVING the Gladiator! BA306B26-31C8-49AA-993A-9986BCB63CE9

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
Arm yourself with the pricing and options spreadsheet off this forum. Many of us got great deals negotiating on orders early on. But late model year inventory might be a good opportunity too once the 2021's come out. Love the joy in your writeup, I rented one on a business trip to Dallas when I was shopping also, reminded my of my excitement cruising with the top down on that trip. I was at all-day meetings and I would go out and sit in the truck in the parking lot on breaks. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Sylvester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Arm yourself with the pricing and options spreadsheet off this forum. Many of us got great deals negotiating on orders early on. But late model year inventory might be a good opportunity too once the 2021's come out. Love the joy in your writeup, I rented one on a business trip to Dallas when I was shopping also, reminded my of my excitement cruising with the top down on that trip. I was at all-day meetings and I would go out and sit in the truck in the parking lot on breaks. :)
Thanks so much! Thanks for the tip, I have found the pricing sheet a week or so ago on the site and studied it. Extremely helpful info. I’m patient. But loving all the experiences I’ve gotten to have prior to buying. There’s no second guessing after a 2000 mile trip.

OP
OP
First Name
Sylvester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I was out late in the hotel parking lot having a drink just staring at the Gladiator, one of my coworkers commented the next morning, “I’m surprised I didn’t find you sleeping in that truck this morning!” I couldn’t waste a paid hotel stay but got more hours examining the truck than sleep lol

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
Welcome! I've only owned trucks. My first truck was a 2005 Chevy Colorado. It was my dad's, but I ended up driving it after he bought a 2006 Wrangler TJ.
After getting a good job, I bought my first vehicle. A 2015 Chevy Silverado. Great truck. Then this year my sister bought a 2015 Wrangler 4 door hard top. She's the one I credit with giving me the Jeep bug. She talked me into it.
Long story short, I gave my dad my Silverado, he gave me his Jeep for a trade in, and I bought the Gladiator Sport S. I have never had so much love for a vehicle. The thing is so much fun to drive! I feel like part of a club driving it. It's lifted now and I sit so high up...it iust has a certain "cool factor". My friend said it almost looks like a military vehicle. Have fun with your journey.

Sponsored