Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

DebT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Just got back from a short trip to the Grand Canyon Parashant. Still loving my EDC by Harker Outdoors. Getting in and out of the camper is no issue at all. I even love the little things you might not usually consider: like the custom designed battery box for our solar system. Great place for my lantern and coffee cup! Also, when the sleeping bed is in the up position, I have a great place to store my stuff. I was so amazed that only 3 or 4 vehicles passed us the three days we camped at Mt. Trumbull. On day 4, we went to Nampaweep for the petroglyphs then on the Toroweap for the north rim of the Grand Canyon. We only passed 3 other vehicles on the road to these amazing views even though it was spring break. Imagine being in the GC National Park with only a handful of other people! Awesome!

01CF4B24-0801-4CE3-AAF7-1EF4B0AC720A.jpeg

E172EEE2-6419-4412-BAB7-FADCD927F5DC.jpeg

8BE87ED2-C38D-4E36-BBCC-EFBBE8A3FCED.jpeg

53AB661D-064F-4A48-9520-E94891079A4C.jpeg

E49192EB-5E20-44C2-A4AA-EA3BF179C83A.jpeg

7020BBED-4E3E-4367-AAD5-AF191E1CCFBE.jpeg

6F01A318-AF3F-452C-B271-9FF996F4EA13.jpeg
Sponsored

Black_Widow_Overland

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/max tow, 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Just got back from a short trip to the Grand Canyon Parashant. Still loving my EDC by Harker Outdoors. Getting in and out of the camper is no issue at all. I even love the little things you might not usually consider: like the custom designed battery box for our solar system. Great place for my lantern and coffee cup! Also, when the sleeping bed is in the up position, I have a great place to store my stuff. I was so amazed that only 3 or 4 vehicles passed us the three days we camped at Mt. Trumbull. On day 4, we went to Nampaweep for the petroglyphs then on the Toroweap for the north rim of the Grand Canyon. We only passed 3 other vehicles on the road to these amazing views even though it was spring break. Imagine being in the GC National Park with only a handful of other people! Awesome!

Jeep Gladiator Hi, We're Harker Outdoors! We build Expedition Driven Campers for Jeep Gladiator. 6F01A318-AF3F-452C-B271-9FF996F4EA13

Jeep Gladiator Hi, We're Harker Outdoors! We build Expedition Driven Campers for Jeep Gladiator. 6F01A318-AF3F-452C-B271-9FF996F4EA13

Very nice !!!! Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
HarkerOutdoors

HarkerOutdoors

First Name
Harker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Harker Outdoors
Vehicle Showcase

Love it! Keep these adventure reports coming!

Cam
Harker Outdoors
[email protected]

squarefoot

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR, 22 JL 4xe
Occupation
Self Employed

What's the black pelican case on the side?

Sponsored

DebT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought that might be what it is. I would like to do something similar. I assume you built it. Any lessons learned?
The hot water system is from Joolca. I took measurements of the unit and put it in a size appropriate Pelican box, then mounted that to my L rail. I think it will work out well but I did learn that I’ll probably never take enough water to take a shower (or two). It does great for washing dishes. It’s designed that it can pump water from a water source but I never seem to close enough to a water source. It’s also great to have hot water to wash hands and faces.

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
Jeep Gladiator Hi, We're Harker Outdoors! We build Expedition Driven Campers for Jeep Gladiator. 094A9D0F-57D2-4C68-A535-6FC8FCC26D5C

Hi, JeepGladiatorForum!

We're Joe and Cam from Harker Outdoors and we build the Expedition Driven Camper (EDC) for Jeep Gladiator. We're thrilled to be joining you and this amazing community of Jeep Gladiator enthusiasts!

We are proud to be an American Built company! Our campers are designed and manufactured right here in beautiful Bountiful, Utah. Every possible element of the EDC, right down to our tents which are sewn locally, is designed, sourced, fabricated, and assembled right here in America! We have an amazing crew that is building campers we speak as we ramp up for the coming overlanding and camping season.

We designed EDC to be the ultimate utilitarian small truck expedition camper! We have been doing this off roading/overlanding thing for many years and have gone through the natural progression of gear and rigs on our personal builds. From roof top tents, to pull-behind off-road trailers, and eventually becoming infatuated with the simplicity, utility, and trail-friendliness of the wedge camper. While we loved what we were seeing in the existing wedge camper market, we felt there was still ample innovation left to be explored in the segment.

The areas in which we thought we could innovate were the entry (eliminating the crawl-to-enter, trap-door annoyance every current wedge camper offered), bed size (all of the wedge campers had beds that were just too small for two adults to comfortably occupy), standing room (wedge campers just didn't offer much in this area), and purpose-built recovery gear storage solutions.

So that's exactly what we did with the Expedition Driven Camper! After two years of product development and testing we are proud to say that we eliminated the craw-to-enter/trap-door annoyance with our standing entry, made a lift-away bed on struts large enough for a full-size mattress footprint (58x90") to solve the sleeping room problem, and developed an innovative tailgate annex which encloses your truck's tailgate giving you 30% more interior space, and our tailgate annex in conjunction with the LiftAway sleep platform gives you 300% more standing room than other wedge campers! We did all this while keeping the EDC lightweight at a nimble 300 lbs, and the setup/teardown time under 60 seconds. Our LiftAway bed allows you to keep your bedding in place while it's lifted, and also while the camper is stowed for driving which means no more stuffing sleeping bags between destinations. We solved the recovery gear storage problem by utilizing incredibly strong L-Track rails for exterior gear storage freeing up interior space for your clean gear and living space.

There are so many more cool things that we will share about EDC, and we'll be making a separate post with specs and pricing but wanted to give this brief introduction to say hello, and let you know that we're excited to build you some amazing campers for your Jeep Gladiators!

You can always reach us with any questions here on the forum via DM, email, or through our Instagram and Facebook pages.

-Joe and Cam
Harker Outdoors

www.harkeroutdoors.com
IG: @HarkerOutdoors
[email protected]

Jeep Gladiator Hi, We're Harker Outdoors! We build Expedition Driven Campers for Jeep Gladiator. 094A9D0F-57D2-4C68-A535-6FC8FCC26D5C
They look awesome!

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Three steps. That’s all it takes to get into the EDC.

I already have that step stool for climbing into my truck bed sleeping solution... I'm halfway to getting an EDC!

Sponsored

AKID_RBM

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave, 23 GCL, 15 Cherokee TH
Occupation
Construction
@HarkerOutdoors I really like that pics of that white Gladiator. Do you have any pics that show your side window options on a Gladiator? Also, an updated walk through on how your rear door removes, and any concerns there might be doing that with the rear window installed?

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Well I've spent enough time looking at all the different toppers that open into a wedge like this and realize that the thing that sets these apart from just a topper with rooftop tent is the ability to retire to the truck bed in inclement weather. With that being the defining factor, it sets the EDC as the clear winner for the amount of room it gives you. I love that you have a pass through window option, can get the bed out of the way when standing up inside and can use the Exped Megamat in this configuration. This leaves me with a few questions for @HarkerOutdoors

1. Could the side panels be made to open up, a la GFC or Superpacific?
  2. Do you have to hook up the annex every time you use it?
  3. What's the lead time on these currently? (I didn't see it on the website)
Thanks!

Last edited:

DebT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I've spent enough time looking at all the different toppers that open into a wedge like this and realize that the thing that sets these apart from just a topper with rooftop tent is the ability to retire to the truck bed in inclement weather. With that being the defining factor, it sets the EDC as the clear winner for the amount of room it gives you. I love that you have a pass through window option, can get the bed out of the way when standing up inside and can use the Exped Megamat in this configuration. This leaves me with a few questions for @HarkerOutdoors

Thanks!
I’m not with Harker Outdoors, but I have an EDC and love it for the same reasons you stated.
1). That is an option. I don’t have it but have seen Cam’s unit that has side panels that open up
2) I never unzip my ”annex”. It just lays flat and stores very well on top of the sleeping platform just like the sides do. You can, however, remove it completely if you want. I’m not sure why you’d want to though.
3) Joe or Cam will have to answer that question. I think it was 6-8weeks, but that may have changed.

Other options (that I have) are solar (definitely get that!), vent fan for when I camp in really hot weather. I have used mine since January and it is holding up very well. No issues at all. And if you do have an issue, they have the best customer service dept. I’ve ever seen. And....MADE IN USA!

OP
OP
HarkerOutdoors

HarkerOutdoors

First Name
Harker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Harker Outdoors
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks!
We’re so glad that you’ve found the EDC. You’re quite obviously a very intelligent consumer for having reached this conclusion! ;-)

You’ll love having an EDC. Here’s the answers to your questions:

1) Yes but we’d like to talk you out of that for several reasons:
a) It adds many possible failure points for weather/dust incursions.
b) It makes it difficult to use the exterior L-Track mounting system.
c) We can utilize a sliding window to give you access as an alternative.
As Deb mentioned we do offer a pass-through pantry option in conjunction with our interior cabinetry buildout.

2) No. it can remain on the EDC while stowed for travel.

3) 4-6 weeks depending on options.

We’d love to discuss your EDC build and put together an estimate for you.

I’ve sent you a PM with my contact information.

Thanks!

Cam
Harker Outdoors

Black_Widow_Overland

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/max tow, 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
We’re so glad that you’ve found the EDC. You’re quite obviously a very intelligent consumer for having reached this conclusion! ;-)

You’ll love having an EDC. Here’s the answers to your questions:

1) Yes but we’d like to talk you out of that for several reasons:
a) It adds many possible failure points for weather/dust incursions.
b) It makes it difficult to use the exterior L-Track mounting system.
c) We can utilize a sliding window to give you access as an alternative.
As Deb mentioned we do offer a pass-through pantry option in conjunction with our interior cabinetry buildout.

2) No. it can remain on the EDC while stowed for travel.

3) 4-6 weeks depending on options.

We’d love to discuss your EDC build and put together an estimate for you.

I’ve sent you a PM with my contact information.

Thanks!

Cam
Harker Outdoors

Cam is a top notch guy. I don't have a EDC topper, but.. i have chatted with Cam a lot on toppers. Almost had it nailed down, just couldn't come up with the funds. :(

You wont be disappointed with the topper. Very awesome setup and the folks at Harker Outdoors are even better.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.