Sponsored

High Altitude's with bigger rubber on stock wheels

Ageek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
please do, I am tossing around a few options.
I had a delay in getting the tires mounted and I didn't want to leave you hanging.

I purchased my tires through Walmart since they were the only place in my area that could get that size. When I arrived to pick them up and have them mounted I learned that Walmart will only mount the OEM tire size or another size if it is already on the vehicle. So I was out of luck.

I have found another local shop that will mount them, but they have other options in stock they want me to look at as well, specifically Nitto Tera Grapplers in 35x12.5R20 or 35x11.5R20. I will post a pic with whatever tire I decide to go with and share the details.
Sponsored

Henley614

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Sales
I had a delay in getting the tires mounted and I didn't want to leave you hanging.

I purchased my tires through Walmart since they were the only place in my area that could get that size. When I arrived to pick them up and have them mounted I learned that Walmart will only mount the OEM tire size or another size if it is already on the vehicle. So I was out of luck.

I have found another local shop that will mount them, but they have other options in stock they want me to look at as well, specifically Nitto Tera Grapplers in 35x12.5R20 or 35x11.5R20. I will post a pic with whatever tire I decide to go with and share the details.
Sounds good man, looking forward to seeing what you end up with.
Thanks for the follow up as well!

OP
OP

Jackdforme

First Name
Doo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT High Altitude

don't think you can fit the 35x12.5 on the poem wheels. its only 8" .

I am super jealous though because I should have gone to 35x11.5.20

Ageek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Sounds good man, looking forward to seeing what you end up with.
Thanks for the follow up as well!
Decided to stay with the Terra Grapplers in 275/65R20s. I am very happy with how they look and drive. No lift or leveling kit installed.

Front OEM
Jeep Gladiator High Altitude's with bigger rubber on stock wheels Front OEM.JPEG

Front Nitto
Jeep Gladiator High Altitude's with bigger rubber on stock wheels Front New.JPEG

Front Quarter OEM
Jeep Gladiator High Altitude's with bigger rubber on stock wheels FQ OEM.JPEG

Front Quarter Nitto
Jeep Gladiator High Altitude's with bigger rubber on stock wheels FQ New.JPEG

Side OEM
Jeep Gladiator High Altitude's with bigger rubber on stock wheels Side OEM.JPEG

Side Nitto
Jeep Gladiator High Altitude's with bigger rubber on stock wheels Side New.JPEG

Close Up Driver Rear Nitto
Jeep Gladiator High Altitude's with bigger rubber on stock wheels Close Up.JPEG

Ageek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
don't think you can fit the 35x12.5 on the poem wheels. its only 8" .

I am super jealous though because I should have gone to 35x11.5.20
You are right and that is what I was thinking as well. They were trying to sell me on a new wheels and a lift kit. I decided to just stay with the Nitto Terra Grapplers I had already ordered.

Sponsored

Gelo

First Name
Gelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Hi Ageek, any rubbing on those? I want to put 295/65 or 285/65 on mine in the future but not sure which ones to pick. I may put spacers if needed.

Ageek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Hi Ageek, any rubbing on those? I want to put 295/65 or 285/65 on mine in the future but not sure which ones to pick. I may put spacers if needed.
No rubbing so far. I can turn the wheel to the limits with no issues and even drive up onto a curb while turning with no rubbing.
I don't know if they will rub while being off road or not. I went with this size and tire because I know I won't be doing any off road driving that will really flex the suspension in the near future.

Gelo

First Name
Gelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
No rubbing so far. I can turn the wheel to the limits with no issues and even drive up onto a curb while turning with no rubbing.
I don't know if they will rub while being off road or not. I went with this size and tire because I know I won't be doing any off road driving that will really flex the suspension in the near future.
Thanks Ageek! I appreciate it!

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
I went with 35x12.5x20 general grabber on stock 20's. lifted front 3.5 today, have to wait til monday to do the rear.. will post some pic tomorrow

OP
OP

Jackdforme

First Name
Doo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT High Altitude
I went with 35x12.5x20 general grabber on stock 20's. lifted front 3.5 today, have to wait til monday to do the rear.. will post some pic tomorrow
How did that tire mount to the wheel?

Sponsored

Dmstone

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Investigations
Just put on 275/65
Jeep Gladiator High Altitude's with bigger rubber on stock wheels Close Up.JPEG
I just picked up the same color and love it! did you put a leveling kit on it? It appears taller but I can't tell. I was really considering a lift on mine but It honestly looks good with a more aggressive tire.

OP
OP

Jackdforme

First Name
Doo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT High Altitude
I just picked up the same color and love it! did you put a leveling kit on it? It appears taller but I can't tell. I was really considering a lift on mine but It honestly looks good with a more aggressive tire.
Hey, yeah I did Terraflex 1.5 and that's it.

Dmstone

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Investigations
Jeep Gladiator High Altitude's with bigger rubber on stock wheels 277A8E13-7ABF-4FF7-8855-F357E78165CA
Jeep Gladiator High Altitude's with bigger rubber on stock wheels 80EEF0BA-33F7-45CE-98B6-928D7F08C2A4
Jeep Gladiator High Altitude's with bigger rubber on stock wheels FB2BE08F-1FF6-4796-9A35-3E3640365EC0

Really happy with the way this turned out. I almost went with the terra grappler but went in today and went with 295/55 nitto ridge grappler. I also went with a 2.5in lift and 1.5in wheel spacers.

A. Wells

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator high altitude, diese,l snazberry
Occupation
self employed
Jeep Gladiator High Altitude's with bigger rubber on stock wheels FB2BE08F-1FF6-4796-9A35-3E3640365EC0

Really happy with the way this turned out. I almost went with the terra grappler but went in today and went with 295/55 nitto ridge grappler. I also went with a 2.5in lift and 1.5in wheel spacers.
Sponsored