First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
My wife’s bronco should be here any day. Can’t wait. Just waiting for it get here by rail. Going to have a gladiator and a bronco on our garage. Two vehicles with 35s, dual lockers, removable doors, removable tops, and sway bar disconnect. If I ever start complaining about anything, just remind me of that.
Good for you guys! My wife took delivery of hers in November, and I have never seen her be so into a vehicle. I totally dig it, and really like having both the JTR and the Bronco 2 door.

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Looks like it's missing 2 doors also.

The only people interested in two door SUVs are young people with no children. And 98% of those can't afford a $45,000 vehicle. I can't believe Ford built that, considering that they've been watching 2 door Jeep sales shrinking every year.
Sorry, but you are incorrect. We have a teen and I don't believe my wife has ever owned a 4 door vehicle in her life. Her Bronco 2 door is pretty easy to get in and out of the back seats, too.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Good for you guys! My wife took delivery of hers in November, and I have never seen her be so into a vehicle. I totally dig it, and really like having both the JTR and the Bronco 2 door.
Yeah, my wife has never been happier with a new vehicle. We both work from home, so I can drive either anytime I go somewhere. The struggle is real.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I think the new Broncos look good, at least with stock body parts. I wouldn't be embarrassed at all to drive one, but I definitely prefer the look of the Jeep over it. As for ability, either one would be fine for my needs.

What I don't care for is a lot of fake stuff like that plastic hood scoop monstrosity. I don't like fake hood scoops on anything regardless of make, and I personally hate that Jeep has started using them on their more expensive trim levels. Faking it and posing isn't the Jeep way, at least not from stock. I'm fine with the look, but for that money and Jeep tradition - if you're gonna do it then dangit make that stuff functional. For that matter I also don't like fake beadlocks on wheels - I know a lot of people have them but they've always turned me off. I never even liked those split exhaust pipes that make a car look like it's dual exhaust but it's really not. I don't have a problem at all with people building up a truck past their needs, just do it for real and not fake.

Okay, sorry for the rant. I feel better now that I've vented.
I agree entirely regarding fake functionality. I do think the hood vents on the rubicon are functional. They’re not scoops for intake, but vents to allow more efficient engine cooling. They definitely are not closed, as I get steam through them after rain or car wash.

Sponsored

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I agree entirely regarding fake functionality. I do think the hood vents on the rubicon are functional. They’re not scoops for intake, but vents to allow more efficient engine cooling. They definitely are not closed, as I get steam through them after rain or car wash.
Okay that's cool - I didn't realize that.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Okay that's cool - I didn't realize that.
Others have been less than thrilled about them being plastic. My impression is that the reason was to prevent metal on metal issues like corrosion or paint cracking. But I’m just speculating. For me regarding cosmetics, they match the bumpers and fenders for the unpainted models at least, so I like them.

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
Sorry, but you are incorrect. We have a teen and I don't believe my wife has ever owned a 4 door vehicle in her life. Her Bronco 2 door is pretty easy to get in and out of the back seats, too.
Purchased my daughter a JL Unlimited (used) you must be cheap...just like Fords.

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Purchased my daughter a JL Unlimited (used) you must be cheap...just like Fords.
Calling me cheap and bragging about a JLU purchase? Great story bro. Your listed vehicle is also a "Will be buying a Jeep Gladiator"- I can't say that I have ever seen one of those up close- was it expensive Mr. Moneybags?. My wife picks what she wants and we get it, end of story. As a matter of fact, Porsche was next on her list, but since we also have a rural vacation property, that purchase wouldn't have been practical, and she decided she wanted a 2 Door Bronco instead. Stay in your lane when you don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
Who doesn't love parking their Gladiator next to a Broncos Sport? I know I do....
I don't even consider the Sport a Bronco... more like a RAV4 with a Ford badge. I wonder how many people bought one thinking it was "a bronco"?

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I don't even consider the Sport a Bronco... more like a RAV4 with a Ford badge. I wonder how many people bought one thinking it was "a bronco"?
Agreed- I didn't like rebranding the Escape to Bronco Sport. Nothing Bronco about it, really. They probably made some $$$ off of the confusion, though.