First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I installed the Hothead headliners and like them. I would submit they are superior to the Mopar headliners. There several YouTube videos. Check them out and decide for yourself. "my 2 cents"
Sponsored

bschnuth

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator 2018 jeep compass
Installed Hothead Headliner in my Gladiator today. Looks and fits great very happy with this headliner,

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Any current discount codes available

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Any current discount codes available
Create your account and make out your order. Leave it in the cart for a few days. The system will send you a 10% discount code to encourage you to complete the purchase.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Create your account and make out your order. Leave it in the cart for a few days. The system will send you a 10% discount code to encourage you to complete the purchase.
Brilliant, thank you

Sponsored

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford F150; '20 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I just posted this on another thread but thought I'd put it here as well. Hopefully help some of you who may be thinking about getting the Hothead Headliners.
I ordered a set of the headliners a while back. I received them just fine, but didn't open the box yet, as it had gotten cold & wasn't sure when I'd get to install them. Well one day last week, I decided to at least get the instructions out and take a look, thinking as soon as a nice weekend presented itself, I'd install them.
Much to my surprise, I had gotten the medium gray colored liners. My intention had been to order the Oak, since I have the saddle leather seats in the Gladiator. Don't know how I screwed that up, but I did. I wasn't sure if I should send back or just use the gray ones. Well I decided to contact Hotheads, and Mark sent back saying it would be no problem to exchange, and even shared the cost of shipping back! I only just sent back earlier this week, and have not received the replacements yet. But I want you all to know, that Mark is one great guy. He did not have to swap these out, since it was admittedly, my mistake, not his. So if anyone is thinking about doing business with them, I assure you that you won't go wrong. And I'm looking forward to getting them installed,, and once I do, will post pics.

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I installed my headliners, side panels and Sound Assassin strips a couple of days ago when the outside temp was 22 degrees F. The medium grey does a great job of matching the graphite Bartact seat covers. I brought the Freedom Panels into the living room for the install, and ran the Jeep with the heater blasting for about 10 minutes (several times) to warm up the rest of the top...in addition to using a heat gun. The install took about 4 hours because of the time spent warming up each section of the top and each piece of the product before installation. The adhesive appears to be holding just fine.

I assume the Hotheads will make at least a slight difference in interior temps during the summer and winter, though I will re-install the Sunrider as soon as it warms up in the Spring. They do not appear to have made any difference in sound. While the interior seems quieter, I may just be trying to convince myself that I made a smart purchasing decision. There is no measureable difference in sound. I measured the sound levels over the past week on 2 different sections of road on the way to town...identical speeds (45-50mph) and weather conditions (zero wind). The measurements were exactly the same before and after the Hotheads installation...57 dB. Perhaps the Hotheads/SoundAssassin duo will make a difference at freeway speeds, but I won't be near one for 10 days and I do not have a "before" sound level measurement at those speeds.

Last edited:

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
I installed my headliners, side panels and Sound Assassin strips a couple of days ago when the outside temp was 22 degrees F. The medium grey does a great job of matching the graphite Bartact seat covers. I brought the Freedom Panels into the living room for the install, and ran the Jeep with the heater blasting for about 10 minutes (several times) to warm up the rest of the top...in addition to using a heat gun. The install took about 4 hours because of the time spent warming up each section of the top and each piece of the product before installation. The adhesive appears to be holding just fine.

I assume the Hotheads will make at least a slight difference in interior temps during the summer and winter, though I will re-install the Sunrider as soon as it warms up in the Spring. They do not appear to have made any difference in sound. While the interior seems quieter, I may just be trying to convince myself that I made a smart purchasing decision. There is no measureable difference in sound. I measured the sound levels over the past week on 2 different sections of road on the way to town...identical speeds (45-50mph) and weather conditions (zero wind). The measurements were exactly the same before and after the Hotheads installation...57 dB. Perhaps the Hotheads/SoundAssassin duo will make a difference at freeway speeds, but I won't be near one for 10 days and I do not have a "before" sound level measurement at those speeds.
I will say that I'm finding the majority of the noise was coming from the wind hitting the windshield, not the top. I can't see how headliners would help wind on the top of your roof as it's basically going directly over the car anyway. Where I found the best bang for the buck was the rain hitting my roof. It's significantly different for me after the assassins and headliners with rain outside. The only reason I can attest to this difference is I originally installed front headliners first (Weather was miserable so I parked it under my carport and brought the fronts inside to install first). I then parked it uncovered and sat in the front, then sat in the back without headliners. It was noticeably different. It's the reason I didn't order side panels as I didn't see value there.

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
So it appears the only time I'll get my money's worth for the Sound Assassin strips is when it's raining or someone is pounding on the roof of the Gladiator. Jeeps are notoriously loud, and since Hotheads claims their product will make things quieter, I can see a lot of folks buying these in the hopes of getting a less noisy ride. According to my sound level meter, they made absolutely no difference. However, they may have reduced some lower level background noise or reflections, which is why it seems quieter...or maybe that is just my imagination. Perhaps the Hotheads panels themselves function like acoustic panels in a listening room or home theater, deadening reflections from the flat, hard surfaces of the Jeep's top. Theoretically then, the sound from the entertainment system should be improved. I haven't plugged in my Hi-Res music player for a critical listening session since I installed the Hotheads. Regardless of any effect or lack thereof on maximum sound levels, I do like the way they look.

Last edited:

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 1989 YJ
Occupation
Jeep Headliners
I have a stupid question... did you put those on top of the stock ones? did you remove the stock ones? or did your truck not come with the stock ones?

Maybe even @Hothead Headliners could answer....
Unfortunately, you cannot install them on top of the stock headliners. For proper adhesion, they need to stick directly to the fiberglass hard top after proper preparation.
Thanks for this. I had no idea this existed. Im curious if the soft top liner makes it as quiet as a hardtop? I'm trying to decide if I order a gladiator if I should buy a hard top or if this would suffice?
The hard top with headliners will be the quietest solution. However, we do now make Soft Top Headliners for the Gladiator, which also help quite a bit as well.
I installed the Hothead headliners and like them. I would submit they are superior to the Mopar headliners. There several YouTube videos. Check them out and decide for yourself. "my 2 cents"
Thanks for your feedback!

Thanks for your review. The Gladiator is a lot better insulated than previous Jeep models so the sound reduction isn't as drastic as it would be on a JK, etc. However, the headliners still have sound deadening properties that will improve the acoustics of your stereo and help you hear phone conversations better over Bluetooth. The Sound Assassin strips are an extra benefit of sound damping, removing extra vibrations caused from road noise (especially with bigger tires) along with rain/hail dinging on your hard top.

For anyone curious about the cold weather installation above, we highly recommend following our Cold Weather Installation instructions in all temperatures below 70° degrees Fahrenheit.
Sponsored