Sponsored

How do you turn off the beeping when backing a trailer?

HighNoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
How do you turn off the beeping when backing a trailer. Other trucks would turn off the beep when backing with a trailer plug connected.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
How do you turn off the beeping when backing a trailer. Other trucks would turn off the beep when backing with a trailer plug connected.
Yours beeps?? Really? Mine is as quiet as can be backing with or without trailer. (save for the ghost moaning in the electronics)

EDIT - OH, you mean park sense! OK, I thought you meant like commercial trucks and tractors..... I guess I always have pushed that button out of habit.
It's park sense.

OP
OP

HighNoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Thanks. There are always to many buttons to push on trucks. I looked in the book on towing but missed that.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. There are always to many buttons to push on trucks. I looked in the book on towing but missed that.
It's probably hidden pretty well as far as "push this when towing", etc. These owner manuals are ok but not always well organized nor information always obvious.
I likely got into the habit with my wife's Grand Cherokees as she's always tried to buy the most loaded versions she could. Luckily, some things look and act the same so there wasn't as much getting used to with this truck. Not everyone had that luxury.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I wish the Park Sense would default to ON after the ignition is cycled off/on as the ESS does, I'm afraid of leaving it off after disconnecting from the trailer.