Sponsored

How do you know when it’s time?

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
To put the hard top and doors back on for the fall/winter? Mine have been off since May but driving to work last week in the 50’s was brisk. Looks like highs in the low 80’s for the next 2 weeks but mornings are cold and damp. Jeep stays in the garage overnight but I’m thinking it’s time. I’m not an off and on for a weekend guy, especially the top, doors maybe. Just curious if anyone else is either there already or getting close.
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Doors are quick enough with a power drill I'll pull for a day even and reinstall. Get one of those DeWalt 90 degree impact extension for 20 bucks and you can zip off the nuts in under 2 minutes for all 8 and then use the impact to undo the door checks and you're basically done. Last time I timed myself it was literally under a minute a door total time.

The roof is a different story I agree that's a major commitment.

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
Having owned many eeps for many years, I’ll say….

You do you.

I’ve seen plenty of guys (and gals) running no tops in December, fully bundled up - likely freezing their ass off. If that’s you, then awesome.

If the 50 degree mornings are not your style, then I say put that top back on.

Me? I’ve already got mine back on for the same reason. But I also have a hoist, and can easily take mine off for just a day if I want.

There is no wrong answer.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
To put the hard top and doors back on for the fall/winter? Mine have been off since May but driving to work last week in the 50’s was brisk. Looks like highs in the low 80’s for the next 2 weeks but mornings are cold and damp. Jeep stays in the garage overnight but I’m thinking it’s time. I’m not an off and on for a weekend guy, especially the top, doors maybe. Just curious if anyone else is either there already or getting close.
When it's time, you'll know. There won't be any question. It becomes quite miserable with no doors rapidly in October and November.

OP
OP
FLUndertaker

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Having owned many eeps for many years, I’ll say….

You do you.

I’ve seen plenty of guys (and gals) running no tops in December, fully bundled up - likely freezing their ass off. If that’s you, then awesome.

If the 50 degree mornings are not your style, then I say put that top back on.

Me? I’ve already got mine back on for the same reason. But I also have a hoist, and can easily take mine off for just a day if I want.

There is no wrong answer.
Right on. I have topless CJ I can drive if and when I want the full experience. The JT is a different deal especially if my other half is riding along. She tolerates it under the best of conditions, anything less than perfect weather (not too hot, not too cold, not too windy) and I get a earful the entire time.
Sponsored