First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
That's the one benefit to the Spiderwebshade on my YJ, it won't require removal to put the hardtop back on in Nov, despite being one piece.

I would point out it rained the entire week of Christmas in PHX in 2019 - I've still never been there on a normal 115 deg day.

Yeah, my plan was to be "topless" (bikini or mesh top) and doorless most of the fall/winter/spring and then have the hardtop back on for summer. I think the biggest negative to a solid bikini top is that it would certainly have to come off to get the hardtop secured whereas most of the mesh tops would allow for them to stay on if I needed to put the hard top back on.

I would hope me putting the Hardtop back on would be infrequent enough or not spur of the moment enough that taking a solid bikini top off would not be a pain but who knows. Not having to remove it (mesh top) is a pretty big positive.

OP
OP
MrFahrenheit

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
That's the one benefit to the Spiderwebshade on my YJ, it won't require removal to put the hardtop back on in Nov, despite being one piece.

I would point out it rained the entire week of Christmas in PHX in 2019 - I've still never been there on a normal 115 deg day.

No worries. I don't plan on running it during the summer months. Just once it starts to cool down in the Fall - Spring and then hardtop back on.

JHydroJ

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I haven't had any adults in the back seat, just my kids but we love the mesh top. I installed the JTops earlier this summer and we immediately noticed how much cooler it was vs no mesh top. I run topless quite a bit and haven't had any harsh flapping or noise. Great purchase, you won't regret it. I don't think I will ever remove it, just put the hardtop over it for rainy days and winter.

20210626_201759.jpg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator How good is a mesh top? 20200807_112513