Sponsored

XJamesX

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 JT Mojave, ‘20 Jeep JL
@XJamesX How do you like the BAK revolver? Do you recommend it?
Yeah, I love it and definitely recommend it. I had one on my old Sierra also and they have both held up well. I know a few people on the forum had issues with it arriving damaged but mine has been working flawless.
Sponsored

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR; 1998 Mercedes SL600
@XJamesX How do you like the BAK revolver? Do you recommend it?
Sorry to budge in on this question but if you don't need the T-Slots or the shorter height of the cover with the open bed, I'd keep looking. I have the BAK Revolver and don't really like it for most things I want a bed cover for (keeping water and dust out, and opening in the winter).

My Revolver has been replaced under warranty once because it wouldn't lay flat after a couple of months (the connected aluminum sections came apart). I don't believe its very well made. The rear bed corners on the rollup part constantly fall off, the rear plastic bed corners are cheap and had to be replaced, and the front attachment bolts are a joke (I replace them with crimp nuts). Also, you can't strap anything against the front of the bed without fear of breaking or bending the rolled up cover (there's an 8-10 inch gap between the bottom of the bed and the rolled up cover - applying forward pressure put all of the force into the rolled up cover.).

Unfortunately for me it works great in that it allows me to use my roof top tent with OVS Freedom Rack and still have access to the contents of my bed. Do note that the T-Slots are kind of non-standard and bend very easily when you bold something like a roof top tent to them, but it can be done. I'm not sure they are actually capable of supporting the tent if things got really rough. That said, they have held up to a couple of summers with my RTT. I'm not sure what would happen in a collision or something like that, and you can't get BAK to confirm the actual load rating on the T-slots, but it's worked the past couple of years. I'm moving my RTT to a trailer and will be replacing the Revolver with a BAK Flip when that is done.

At the end of the day, I don't really care for my Revolver because it's really not that well build, but it does what I needed it to do. I've had the BAK Flip MX4 that I had on my last two trucks and loved it. My previous MX4's were much better build, way more water tight, and actually opened in the winter except in the worst ice and cold (not the case with the Revolver - the rails freeze and will not open).

I'm not sure how you're planning on using yours, but I hope this give you some addition insight.

Day 1:
Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! 20210702_150625

6 Months
Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! 20210917_184303
Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! 20210921_154316

1 Year
Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! 20220814_194446

tom.mary.glad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 3.6L, automatic with max tow
Yeah, I love it and definitely recommend it. I had one on my old Sierra also and they have both held up well. I know a few people on the forum had issues with it arriving damaged but mine has been working flawless.
Thanks for the info.

tom.mary.glad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 3.6L, automatic with max tow
Sorry to budge in on this question but if you don't need the T-Slots or the shorter height of the cover with the open bed, I'd keep looking. I have the BAK Revolver and don't really like it for most things I want a bed cover for (keeping water and dust out, and opening in the winter).

My Revolver has been replaced under warranty once because it wouldn't lay flat after a couple of months (the connected aluminum sections came apart). I don't believe its very well made. The rear bed corners on the rollup part constantly fall off, the rear plastic bed corners are cheap and had to be replaced, and the front attachment bolts are a joke (I replace them with crimp nuts). Also, you can't strap anything against the front of the bed without fear of breaking or bending the rolled up cover (there's an 8-10 inch gap between the bottom of the bed and the rolled up cover - applying forward pressure put all of the force into the rolled up cover.).

Unfortunately for me it works great in that it allows me to use my roof top tent with OVS Freedom Rack and still have access to the contents of my bed. Do note that the T-Slots are kind of non-standard and bend very easily when you bold something like a roof top tent to them, but it can be done. I'm not sure they are actually capable of supporting the tent if things got really rough. That said, they have held up to a couple of summers with my RTT. I'm not sure what would happen in a collision or something like that, and you can't get BAK to confirm the actual load rating on the T-slots, but it's worked the past couple of years. I'm moving my RTT to a trailer and will be replacing the Revolver with a BAK Flip when that is done.

At the end of the day, I don't really care for my Revolver because it's really not that well build, but it does what I needed it to do. I've had the BAK Flip MX4 that I had on my last two trucks and loved it. My previous MX4's were much better build, way more water tight, and actually opened in the winter except in the worst ice and cold (not the case with the Revolver - the rails freeze and will not open).

I'm not sure how you're planning on using yours, but I hope this give you some addition insight.

Day 1:

6 Months

1 Year
No apologies necessary for budging in. I appreciate your opinions. I also had a Bak Flip Mx4 and loved it except how to block the rear view when fully open.

Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
It actually started in 1996 with a 1983 Scrambler that I built from stock 6” lifted micky Thompson fat tired full hard topped scrambler. As with everything I’ve previously created, a year after finishing the Scrambler ($5k in it) and winning best in show at a local Jeep dealership… I sold the Scrambler for $12K.
I had 20 Jeeps and Builds until Jeep decided to release the JT in 2019. I had a mildly built JKUHR Rubicon then and immediately traded for the sleeper version of the JT IMOP… the JT Max Tow. 96,000 miles later I still love the JT and I would not sell mine.
I will add more pics from another device as this one is new with few pics on it.

My Wife and my JT…. They take me places I’ve previously only dreamed about.

Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! AFD5ADCE-8F30-4E7D-B621-2B54B435B9FF

Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! B1402735-A6F3-4B59-9FB2-DF24218072A0

Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! FBDECC02-5429-4629-9F8B-EC96B304DFB3

Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! 7CB3DA8B-03F0-4B7B-BF16-D82C09AF5BB8

Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! AF550E79-9004-408E-A9A7-05CF830CDF72

Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! 9F126DF6-4C25-451B-855B-B9C2381926D6

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR; 1998 Mercedes SL600
No apologies necessary for budging in. I appreciate your opinions. I also had a Bak Flip Mx4 and loved it except how to block the rear view when fully open.
That is a very good point to consider on the Bak Flip. I will say that every time I've had mine fully open something was blocking my back view anyway.

rcraighughes

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Occupation
Medical Software

Day 1:
Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! 9F126DF6-4C25-451B-855B-B9C2381926D6

6 Months

1 Year
what lift/tires/spacers... on stock rims
Thanks
Craig

Sponsored

rcraighughes

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Occupation
Medical Software
Clayton 2.5 Overland Plus lift, 37x12.5x17 BFG KM3 tires, and yes, stock rims with 1.75" spacer (basically 0 offset).
Thanks - Looks Great!

beathan

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
Feb 8, 2020 on the day I bought it:

Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! IMG_0429

Jan 2, 2023, having just completed fixing my install of the aux switches and wiring up A pillar lights:

Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! IMG_1304

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
All chronicle here
https://youtube.com/@JTRSpartacus

February 2020
Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! E9F8D552-7A77-42E7-BB34-C884A67A52AA

now with 2” plus Rusty’s Lift, Ace bumper and rock rails, warn Zeon winch, 37” Mickey Thompson Tires, 5.13 Yukon gears, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch, Bestop Supertop for Truck, Bestop Element doors, Tazer mini, Tazer front camera, DIY slide out bed tray, and a bunch of other stuff. Mostly done other than some lighting and beefing up ball joints and steering as it wears.
Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! 27A56F58-D255-4F7C-B340-6F0BB32B84EF
Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! 5A85CFA7-BE60-431D-BDE8-CE6B2A6E50A6
Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! F612279B-1ED2-4A7A-9FDF-2CA4A9EAEC4A
Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! 2E4CD9E4-23D5-42E5-A2A7-58D50FBB806D
Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! 0F908DB0-1840-491C-BF67-3E32A9A4EC78

Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! E63A3605-21E5-43BE-A8CD-E7EB42E77531

SJD23

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
All chronicle here
https://youtube.com/@JTRSpartacus

February 2020
Jeep Gladiator How it started...and how it's going. Post yours! E63A3605-21E5-43BE-A8CD-E7EB42E77531

now with 2” plus Rusty’s Lift, Ace bumper and rock rails, warn Zeon winch, 37” Mickey Thompson Tires, 5.13 Yukon gears, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch, Bestop Supertop for Truck, Bestop Element doors, Tazer mini, Tazer front camera, DIY slide out bed tray, and a bunch of other stuff. Mostly done other than some lighting and beefing up ball joints and steering as it wears.

Love the build! How are you liking the new clutch? I have no current plans to replace mine but when it goes I think I’ll upgrade. Thanks!
Sponsored