Sponsored

How Long Should it Take For Sway Bar to Disconnect?

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I was trying to get my sway bar to disconnect and I may not be doing it right. How long should it take to fully disconnect?

I was in 4H in park in my driveway pushed the button and waited over a min. The sway bar light just kept blinking. I put it in drive and pulled up a bit and that had no effect. Pushed the button again and it read sway bar connected in like 2 sec. I tried again and let the sway bar light blink for 3 min or so and still nothing.

Am I missing something? I plan on doing Peters Mill Run next weekend to get my 1st Jeep Badge.
Sponsored

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon LE
I was trying to get my sway bar to disconnect and I may not be doing it right. How long should it take to fully disconnect?

I was in 4H in park in my driveway pushed the button and waited over a min. The sway bar light just kept blinking. I put it in drive and pulled up a bit and that had no effect. Pushed the button again and it read sway bar connected in like 2 sec. I tried again and let the sway bar light blink for 3 min or so and still nothing.

Am I missing something? I plan on doing Peters Mill Run next weekend to get my 1st Jeep Badge.
the sway bar will only disconnect in 4lo without some sort of programmer. When in 4lo and on level ground, should take no more than 5-10 seconds.

OP
OP
Troybilt

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Don't post if you don't know what you are talking about. You let everyone know what a fool you are.

OP
OP
Troybilt

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
the sway bar will only disconnect in 4lo without some sort of programmer. When in 4lo and on level ground, should take no more than 5-10 seconds.
My mistake for getting something confused.
No worries mate. Just remember its better to spend your time learning something new than teaching something not known.

Sponsored

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon LE
No worries mate. Just remember its better to spend your time learning something new than teaching something not known.
it is also best to treat people with respect and not talk down to them. Like I said, I crossed my channels and admitted it. Guess some people never make mistakes. I’m out!

Last edited:

3-pedal-Rub

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Night Train, Buell Lightning, TL, 4runner, JTR
Try getting out onto a flat road at standstill.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
The swaybar may not be able to disconnect if it is in a bind. Disconnecting while moving may work better. The coupler has to move.

MaximusJTRubi

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi
always disconnect mine while driving slowly. Turning gently. only takes a second or 2 every time.

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
Another trick that works, hit the button then step out of the Jeep, grab the roof or roll bar just above your head and rock the jeep back and forth. It helps to "unbind" the swaybar. I know no one wants to get out of the Jeep but I've found this to be the easiest way when parked and not moving.
Sponsored