Sponsored

How loud is the soft top?

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
My JT has the dual top option. I ordered WITHOUT factory headliner, and then added the Hothead Head Liners. Hotheads are noticeably not as loud, and *MUCH* cooler when getting in on a hot summer day, etc.

On the highway, at speeds above 65, there is no question that the soft top is louder than the hard top. That said, when driving at highway spped, with the hard top, I usually play the radio at 10 or 11; when driving with the soft top, I usually play the radio at 13 or 14. Likewise, when talking to the passengers, I have to talk a little louder with the soft -vs- the hard top; it is not SO loud that I feel like I'm shouting, however.
Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Well we have been in the 110's +/- here in Houston for what like 2 months now and I just recently move to my soft top finally. I have to say just my personal opinon but I find my jeep handling the heat better with the premium top than the hard top. Now in defense of the Hard Tops mine did not have anything like the hotheads liner which I am sure would help with the heat and sound. Mine was like an oven with the hard top on.
I have seen up to 117 deg this year in southern NV and I agree that my JT with premium soft top stays cooler in my driveway than my JKU/hardtop did.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
I can have a conversation with back seat passengers at 50mph with no doors or top. Anything is quieter than that

Honestly my car is louder than the Jeep when driving just with mild exhaust changes. I purposely bought a soft top because I wanted the ease of throwing it back - had the hard to on my TJ and only took it off a couple times because central NC daily summer storms are very much a thing and I didn't have a great place to keep it anyway. Did not want that this time around.

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
People have stated that they have a hard time hearing me on the uconnect with the premium best top sunrider on. Are other having that issue with their soft tops? Should I have my microphone checked out?

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
People have stated that they have a hard time hearing me on the uconnect with the premium best top sunrider on. Are other having that issue with their soft tops? Should I have my microphone checked out?
Frankly I didn't but the truck or the soft top with any concern for people calling me. Its a high probability I won't even answer it. So if your worried about phone calls then suggest just stick with the hard top. If there is a lot of wind or outside car noise its harder to hear but other than that its ok

Sponsored

EezyE

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Yes, I’d have it checked out. I don’t have the premium top and have had no issues with callers hearing me.

Cshadow2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting grey sport S JT
Yeah, same Here premium softtop and I use ucoonect to talk and text with no issues. I’m sure it’s all relative though going from the wife’s Volvo it seems loud but not oppressively.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Might want to check I think there is a setting in the Uconnect that jacks up the volume if it perceives outside noise

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
My gladiator JT overland soft top is far improved over my 2000 jeep and 2013 JK
Sponsored