Sponsored

How do put the soft top up or down?

LANGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator Rubicon
I just got my Punk'in JT Friday. I like it. The softtop is easy enough to use. But where do you stand? How do you reach it reach through its motion?

So far, I found I need to stand on the seat. But will this prematurely wear the surface or break the seat?

[update] Hmm, I think this might answer it for me
Sponsored

Last edited:

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I would guess it depends on your height - Simple really release latches - Push up top to 45 degree angle - reach up and continue motion to rear placement. On our JL - GF stands on side steps -

Seats - never

enjoy

JS2

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Bright White Soft Top, '15 Honda Odyssey, '97 Wrangler Sport (Retired 2010)
I am 5'8". I have the Mopar side step. In the driver's seat, just push the top up to the half hinge (don't have to stand on the seat to do this part), then use the side step to push it all the way back.

Before I got the side step, I would push it back, then stand on the back door sill and push it the rest of the way.

I will say the side step makes this a lot easier. I have been tempted to keep my door closed with the window down and lower the top using the side step, then slide in the window like one of them Duke boys...

Reeb65

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
You can do it from your seat..just throw it back and at about 15-20 mph the wind will do the rest.

Moonridge

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass
Vehicle Showcase
First I unlock the soft top and push from the inside to get the top off the latches. Then after I have enough space, I get out of the Jeep and grab the metal bar about a hand space away from the latches. It one full motion, I can open it from this position.
Sponsored