First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Came across this short Instagram video from Fred from Dirt Everyday as they test drive the Gladiator with the windshield down, doors off and the top open. Gives a good look of what it looks like from the back seat with the top open.

Sorry I know the video isn’t great.
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yep. If it's illegal in Kentucky, I KNOW it's got to be illegal in California.

WindshieldLaw.jpg

TamuPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJU
Occupation
Attorney

Sponsored

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
Actually, I'd say the window down in Michigan is fine. It merely requires that the vehicle be equipped with the windshield, which it still is.

Kentucky, on the other hand, hates America.
Oh boy. It would definitely be something to bring up if one were required to have a court appearance. It says equipped but equipped

"for the protection of driver and occupants against inspects, other airborne objects, and highway surface water and debris, when the motor vehicle is moving forward"

TamuPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJU
Occupation
Attorney
I'm a lawyer which only proves I'm bad at math, but the State doesn't get to insert words into statutes to convict its citizens. It says equipped officer, not equipped and positioned in such a way to actually do anything. Further evidence in support of my position is that the drafters clearly knew how to require that equipment be worn to "protect eyes against insects, other airborne material, etc." when driving a motorcycle without a windscreen; yet they chose not to use this language when talking about cars.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
The definition of implements of husbandry (IoH) is: A self-propelled or towed vehicle that is manufactured, designed or reconstructed to be used and that is exclusively used in the conduct of agricultural operations.

Hmmmm... put a rake in the back and you can drive with windshield down on public streets!!! :CWL:

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
LET THEM HAVE FUN!!!!!! FORGET ABOUT THE LAWS!! Maybe they know people in high places and can any charges dropped and have records wiped clean? It works for some people!
Only in chicongo.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Came across this short Instagram video from Fred from Dirt Everyday as they test drive the Gladiator with the windshield down, doors off and the top open. Gives a good look of what it looks like from the back seat with the top open.

Sorry I know the video isn’t great.
i love Fred, can't wait to see a full video from him.