Sponsored

Premium Soft Top Locks Releases While Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP Gladiator Sport 4x4
Twice on my Gladiator, the locks have released their tension and safety hold while driving at 75mph. I do know how to lock them correctly.

Curious if this has happened to anyone else?

Also, I haven't checked yet, but I am sure, I hope, that there is a simple adjustment to tighten the grip. Please advise if you know.

Thank you.

Happy Holidays! Blessings...
Sponsored

Jeep Glad

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Twice on my Gladiator, the locks have released their tension and safety hold while driving at 75mph. I do know how to lock them correctly.

Also, I haven't checked yet, but I am sure, I hope, that there is a simple adjustment to tighten the grip. Please advise if you know.

Thank you.

I didn't have the top come open yet, but one latch has very little tension on it. I can't see how to tighten them. I thought when I go in for my oil change, I would ask them to look at that at the dealer.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Not had any issues with mine. The latch plates mounted in the bed sides have some degree of adjustability, from what I understand. Look for a “how to install the tonneau cover”, which should show how to adjust it.
Cheers

OP
OP
2020Glad-i-ator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not had any issues with mine. The latch plates mounted in the bed sides have some degree of adjustability, from what I understand. Look for a “how to install the tonneau cover”, which should show how to adjust it.
Cheers
Thank you for your reply but the latches that seem to release because they are not tight are the Soft Top latches. Nothing to do with the bed.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
OK, my bad, I thought you were referring to the soft roll up tonneau cover, not the soft top! :facepalm:
In this case, you might want to bring the JT back to your dealer to sort this out.
Cheers

Sponsored

james2020jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep

Thank you.

i had the same problem unlock the latch and you will see two screws holding the lock to adjust lessen screws move latch towards the back bumper (when roof is closed) and tighten screws took me 3 trys and 20 minutes to get the same tension on both side (pic to show lock)

Inkeds-l1600_LI.jpg

OP
OP
2020Glad-i-ator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i had the same problem unlock the latch and you will see two screws holding the lock to adjust lessen screws move latch towards the back bumper (when roof is closed) and tighten screws took me 3 trys and 20 minutes to get the same tension on both side (pic to show lock)

Jeep Gladiator Premium Soft Top Locks Releases While Driving Inkeds-l1600_LI
Thank you for the fix. JEEP also tried, supposedly, an adjustment, possibly the one you suggested, Through JEEP, however, there is actually a FIX or Service Notice, supposedly. At least I was told. Regardless, they replaced both locks after trying to fix one with little success. I have not had a problem since the new locks were installed only a couple of weeks ago. Stay safe.
Sponsored