Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I love my soft top so much, I feel sorry for those who disable the freedom of going topless easily with their overpriced hard top. The whole point of the Gladiator was to be the only convertible truck on the market so why try to defeat its most unique asset & best option? Be a part of nature, don't lock it out.

Just my opinion.
Sponsored

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I love my soft top so much, I feel sorry for those who disable the freedom of going topless easily with their overpriced hard top. The whole point of the Gladiator was to be the only convertible truck on the market so why try to defeat its most unique asset & best option? Be a part of nature, don't lock it out.

Just my opinion.
The JT soft top is very nice and visually pleasing when its up. When its down it looks funny and out of place. I don't think I could go out in public in parachute mode.

GregW68

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Self
One of the first things I purchased for my JT. I have had many Jeeps over the years and all have had soft tops. The premium soft top on the JT is the best one I have ever had. Simple to operate , quiet up or down. I wish it dropped all the way down but I am pleased with the soft top otherwise.

greg

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
We had a hard top JL in Florida. It was our first Jeep and we loved it, but it was a PIA to remove and store. In the summer here, with pop up showers nearly every afternoon, it made it difficult to go topless considering we couldn’t take it with us. When I bought my JT, I knew I had to have a soft top. Wish it went all the way down, but we love the convenience. We are very happy with it!

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Is it okay to open and close it standing outside the vehicle on the driver’s side? That way seems to put uneven stress on the frame. Or should I stand up inside the vehicle to open and close it?

Sponsored

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it okay to open and close it standing outside the vehicle on the driver’s side? That way seems to put uneven stress on the frame. Or should I stand up inside the vehicle to open and close it?
That’s how I do it.

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
Bought one for my LE shortly after the became available from parts. Works great, and does the job. Looks great closed, looks goofy open.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
I whip it back while sitting in the driver's seat. unlatch and a heavy push and it's off. Even more fun is to do it at 20mph, unclip and let the wind take it back

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Love it! This is coming from a guy who was anti-soft top until I purchased one 3 weeks ago!
You see, this guy I believe! One of the only ones with an open soft top in his profile pic ;)

Truth be told, I did not anticipate that my kids wouldn't care for the open roof as much as I do. It actually works better for them to have the hard top over the back and the freedom panels off. With the windows open it's not a ton of extra coverage. That being said, I figure a sun shade would do the trick if all you have is the soft top.

One thing I do envy is that you can easily take it all off by yourself. I can man handle the hard top but the thought of damaging it by accident makes me cringe. (I once tried to move an aquarium that wasn't entirely empty by myself which almost ended in disaster)

Sponsored

OrangeTJ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKUS, 05 Dodge 2500 CTD
I don't have a JT yet, but on our JKU, the sweet setup is the softop down and the Bartact mesh top on. Open air and all that but enough shade that you don't bake in the sun. Ours rolls that way from May to October. When it cools down or threatens rain, we just pop the top up but leave the rear and side windows off. Still a nice open air feeling but no rain problems and in the front seat with the windows up you still have the nuclear reactor heater to keep warm. When I do get my JT, it will 100% be a soft top. Wouldn't even want one without it!

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
You see, this guy I believe! One of the only ones with an open soft top in his profile pic ;)

Truth be told, I did not anticipate that my kids wouldn't care for the open roof as much as I do. It actually works better for them to have the hard top over the back and the freedom panels off. With the windows open it's not a ton of extra coverage. That being said, I figure a sun shade would do the trick if all you have is the soft top.

One thing I do envy is that you can easily take it all off by yourself. I can man handle the hard top but the thought of damaging it by accident makes me cringe. (I once tried to move an aquarium that wasn't entirely empty by myself which almost ended in disaster)
Haha man when I had the hard top on my daughter was always complaining how unfair it was that I had the freedom panels off and she couldn't open the back up. Now with the soft top she wants the top open all the time.

OrangeTJ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKUS, 05 Dodge 2500 CTD
Question: On the JT, can you run with the top of the soft top up but the rear window out like we do on our JKU and I did on my TJ?

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question: On the JT, can you run with the top of the soft top up but the rear window out like we do on our JKU and I did on my TJ?
I did this quite a bit until I bought a sunshade. So yep, you can do that.

OP
OP
Rocksalt

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
yes, I do that often in summer
Sponsored